Quote Originally Posted by Larry S View Post
Sorry about the "site" - should have been "cite."

And here's the quote from Ryan Miller's Downstream blog -
Sometimes, the individuals who least enjoy 'living in the limelight'... are the ones who most inspire and leave the greatest, lasting impressions... Such is the case with Alison. I asked permission to take her photo at the FISH ART station and she was quite reluctant. Later in the day, I watched her fight and land a trout. The volunteers brought the netted fish to her and while we were all focused on the photo opportunity, Alison was concerned only with getting the fish back to the pond as quickly as possible... "Oh poor fish. We need to put it back NOW so it can LIVE!"
You go - Alison!
Larry S
Not sure why I kept reading this thread, but here I am... Larry, it was encouraging to read your post, not because my name was listed. Your observation has closed the most important element of preservation and conservation, education. We can all teach, we can all learn, some of us will act on it, some of us will not... DownStream is a stepping stone in education and Allison, a 4-year DownStreamer, has it nailed! For a shot in the arm, check out this year's article in the Appeal-Democrat.
http://downstreamfishing.blogspot.com/