Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kiene's Annual Expo is April 17, 2010

Actually, Jay's son Glenn developed the material and has it under his name - father like son
    It's called "swimming hackle" I just tied up some carp flies with the material and hope to get out on the lake in the morning before our temperature takes a 20 degree drop and the rain, wind, snow and the lightning and thunder roll in on Tuesday.
    Ya wonder why the fishing is so screwed up? This could be the answer

Smile Kiene Expo

Great expo as usual. Always good to see people you have met on the water.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

It was a great day with nice weather too.

Everyone who was there needs to be thanked for making our annual Expo a success.....reps, guides, fly clubs, CA DF&G, fly tiers, demonstrators and all the spectators.

I am laying low today at home in Davis, CA.

I am watching "Life" on PBS....very cool.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill, thanks to you and your crew for a great time, again/still.
    Steve & Joan

What a blast.

It's funny, it seems like just yesterday when I had just learned to fly fish, from a friend, and all I wanted out of a fly shop was to get in and out without them trying to sell me something I didn't need and couldn't afford anyway. A good 10 years slipped by with me in that suspicious mode, til one day Bill, who had noticed me all that time but just left me alone, came up to me and grabbed my hand and told me it was really nice running into the old timers in the shop.

How times have changed.

I swear I haven't gabbed with so many people in one day in my life.

The whole day was like this. I'd start yakking with someone, someone else would stroll up knowing either myself or the guy I was talking to, they or me would start up a whole different conversation and me and the first person would drift apart. Later we'd bump into each other again and just pick up the conversation right where we's left off. I had running discussions going all day.

I liked the addition of the DFG folks. Although I have to admit I badgered them unmercifully for a good long time. Then later when I thought of another question I'd go do it all over again.
    I gotta fish that Roger,dude knows his native trout.

Being that busy had it's price though, I missed seeing some members that I was looking forward to meeting, Don Powell, Rob K., and even Charles. Just bad timing I guess.

I picked up a new Redington Predator 8wt while I was there, hoping lightning would strike twice in the raffle.
    Was not to be though.

I did score on of Fishnguys Frog Head bass bugs though, pretty sweet.

Ken, let me know what you want to fish for and a time, we'll make it happen.

Bill Kiene, congrats on creating a must see event for most of NorCal fly fishers. If it gets any bigger you're gonna have to rent Cal Expo and charge us all 10 bucks to park and another 10 to get in the store.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

I am trying to send a personal thanks to everyone who helped out but in case I miss anyone, "Thanks".

We had a very successful event and want to thank everyone who has supported our Expo for years.

Actually I was a little sick yesterday so that is why I didn't kiss everyone as I usually do.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Oh jeez, I'm glad you were sick.

This will keep me up at night.

Thanks for that.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

The only real problem with the Expo ???

It doesn't run for three days .

I showed up at 9:00 , ran into Lance and Lincoln Gray (thanks for the Rust Long Shuck !) , and parked next to Bob Scheidt - you are not going to find better company than Bob ! Had a fun time tyin'/BSing with people ..... difficult to talk to everyone you want to while buried in conversation , sorry I didn't have the chance to chatter with everyone . Had to leave by 2:00 because my Niece's wedding was going on .....

Thanks for having me there Bill -

D.~

Winner! Pure and simple. Winner! Many thanks again to Bill, Marilyn, and Kiene's staff. You folks are fantastic hosts. It's an honor being part of this event.

I loved the conversation and camraderie. Doesn't get any better. Great energy all day long.
    Cheers, Ken
    PS: Ed don't forget to show mercy on these ol' bones.
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

What a great day. Like Ed said, I would be talking to some one when another person would arrive and the conversation would just keep going. Also that vanilla rasberry ice cream was killer.