Thread: Attendance Roster for April 13th Hearing - Fight the Attack on CA Striped Bass

Default Attendance Roster for April 13th Hearing - Fight the Attack on CA Striped Bass

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/37KRVG7

The above link directs to a survey I created at the specific request of CSPA and CSBA to log who is planning on attending the AB 2336 hearing on April 13th.

Please click this link and let us know if you can attend - or not. We need to know how many people are signing up so we can fine tune our planning, or change strategy if not enough are signing up. I did this for AB 1253, so I knew we had 60 easy days before the hearing, as I had like 100 say they were attending. So, yes – I count on 50-70% of those that say “yes” to actually attend. So PLEASE CLICK ON LINK TO LOG YOUR SELF (even if you cannot attend).

I hope many of you who frequent this board can make it. We should be out of there easily by noon, and possiby before 11am. Many of the fly fishers on this board and others have done a TON to fight for this fishery! Thanks for all the hard work everyone. So duty calls yet again. Below are details of the hearing and how you can send letters/faxes if you have not already done so.

ATTEND THE AB2336 HEARING!!
    Fellow Striper Nut's – we need to stack the hearing room – just like we did when we defeated AB 1253. Key Fishing groups such as the California SportFishing Protection Alliance, CA Striped Bass Assoc., NorCAL FFF, Bass groups like Black Bass Action Committee, Western Bass, and other clubs like Coastside Fishing Club are supporting this.

The AB 2336 Hearing is on Tuesday, April 13 in Room 437 at the California State Capital Building. Fishermen need to be there EARLY – do not let the water buffalo’s stack the hearing room!!!

We will be meeting at 7:30am at the west entrance at 10th street and Capital Mall. Please try to show up no later than 8am. The hearing formally starts at 9am.

Once the doors open we will go through security (camera phones ok, but take no photos), and take the elevators toward the left to the 4th floor, where we will immediately assemble and wait for the meeting room (located near the elevators) to be opened. We may have to wait an hour, so be PATIENT. Note - meeting Room 437 may be changed, so everyone look at posted rosters. We seek the AB2336 Hearing of the Water, Parks & Recreation Committee - California State Assembly (not Senate).
    We will possibly hold a post hearing rally, but this won’t be known for a while. A few things to note irrespective of whether we hold a brief rally or not:

1. DRESS: please no flip flops and we strongly prefer long pants. WEAR FISHING SHIRTS AND FISHING HATS. BASS GUYS - show us what ya got. We represent fishermen (hopefully proud fishermen!)
    2. Signs/Banners: NO SIGNS ALLOWED. We would have had to file an event permit like a year ago. Just come in your most visable fishing clothes and be presentable
    3. Best parking at 10th & L street, very close to where we will meet at the west entrance. This parking facility takes credit cards, etc

Want to know more? Can you send letters or Faxes? Mike Mckenzie posted this info earlier on Blanton' site, but here it is again: http://www.calsport.org/3-16-10a.htm and here: http://www.calsport.org/3-8-10.htm

Thanks a ton for reading this!

Robert Johnson, Jr.

Default April 13th Hearing Signup

I was 1st to sign up!!

Come on people. Tony B - I want to see you on the 13th. You too Mr. Kiene and Andy as well.

Cheers!

I've re-enlisted and will be there for this one too

Thanks
    M

Count me in!!
    Also, can I high jack this post for other site's. The more poeple the better.
    Last edited by Mr. Striper; 04-05-2010 at 08:28 AM.
    www.calfish.net. Catch & release for my kids & yours.www.calsport.org.

Default Passing on AB 2336 Hearing Sign Up post

Go for it buddy - let me know where you post, if possible, but post this far and wide!!

Rpbert Johnson, Jr.

Default Remember we need letters too!

Besides attending the hearing we need letters send also. If you have not sent a letter please do so in the next day or two. You can send one letter to Jared Huffman shown below or send a letter and / or e-mail to each assembly member. Below is a sample letter and the list of assembly members e-mails and fax numbers.

Sample letter – be sure to put this in your own words. The Committee’s FAX number is 916-319-2196

Assemblymember Jared Huffman, Chair
    Assembly Committee on Water, Parks & Wildlife
    1020 N Street, Suite 160
    Sacramento, CA 94249

Re: My Opposition to AB 2336 (Fuller) - Striped Bass Eradication

Chairman Huffman and Members of the Committee:

I am writing to express my complete opposition to AB 2336. I’m outraged over supporters of the bill who think they have a right to destroy the striped bass fishery owned by the public. This fishery has co-existed with all the fisheries in the Bay-Delta estuary for 130 years and it has collapsed right along with our salmon, steelhead, sturgeon and the other fish dependent on the estuary. Even in its degraded state it still manages to generate some $250 million annually to our state’s trouble economy.

The issues of striped bass predation should be left to the state and federal fishery agencies that are charged with managing the public’s fishery resources. These are the professionals and scientists who have the expertise know how best to manage our fishery resources.

It is time the Legislature sent a message that divisive bills such as this one will not be tolerated. Instead, the Legislature needs to focus on correcting the ecological crisis in the estuary that is destroying our fisheries, including the immense impacts of excessive water development and export out of the Delta.

I will greatly appreciate your efforts to help protect our priceless fishery heritage!

Sincerely,

Name
    Address

Committee Members, District, Fax, E-mail

Jared Huffman - Chair Dem-6 (916) 319-2106 Assemblymember.Huffman@assembly.ca.gov

Joel Anderson Rep-77 (916) 319-2177 Assemblymember.Anderson@assembly.ca.gov

Juan Arambula Ind-31 (916) 319-2131 Assemblymember.Arambula@assembly.ca.gov

Tom Berryhill Rep-25 (916) 319-2125 Assemblymember.Berryhill@assembly.ca.gov

Bob Blumenfield Dem-40 (916) 319-2140 Assemblymember.Blumenfield@assembly.ca.gov

Anna M. Caballero Dem-28 (916) 319-2128 Assemblymember.Caballero@assembly.ca.gov

Hector De La Torre Dem-50 (916) 319-2150 Assemblymember.DeLaTorre@assembly.ca.gov

Nathan Fletcher Rep-75 (916) 319-2175 Assemblymember.Fletcher@assembly.ca.gov

Bonnie Lowenthal Dem-54 (916) 319-2154 Assemblymember.Lowenthal@assembly.ca.gov

Mary Salas Dem-79 (916) 319-2179 Assemblymember.Salas@assembly.ca.gov

Mariko Yamada Dem-8 (916) 319-2108 Assemblymember.Yamada@assembly.ca.gov

We defeated this once we can do it again with a UNITED voice!
    Last edited by Double_Haul; 04-06-2010 at 08:58 AM.
    Doublehaulin' for Stripers

Default Letters and Faxes

Good Point and List of Assembly Memebers!!