Thread: Cloudveil waders

Default Cloudveil waders

Has anyone tried Cloudveil waders. They make good winter clothing. I haven't heard anything about their waders, wondered if anyone out there knows about them. thanks

Default Cloudveil waders

I bought a pair of their high end waders last year through Sierra Designs.
    Initially they felt great, but after 5 fishing days, they had 2 micro leaks, and I sent them back.
    I live on the Trinity River and flyfish, catch and release, almost everyday if I can.

Default Cloudveil Waders

They are excellent waders. More importantly, the company has taken really good care of me,- the customer. Things I wouldn't expect, they done with no questions. Instead of re-taping the booties, they've replaced me with a new wader! Boots (best pair I've owned-lightweight) stitching was coming undone after three years of use, -I just wanted them to re-stitch them, but knowing how they just replace instead of repairing them, I asked if I can get the vibram soled boots instead and was willing to pay the difference... they sent me a new pair of the vibram free of charge. No shipping cost, nothing! I became sold after that. Once again, the waders perform as well as any of the higher priced waders with less of the hassles.

Default Cloudveil has been acquired by....

Windsong Brands LLC as of February 16, 2010. Spyder Active Sports. Inc, the parent company that had owned Cloudveil says it will manage "...the backend suppport, shipping and customer service aspects of the Spring 2010 season." There are other magangements shifts.

So...If this is a positive or negative acquistion relatve to products and customer service remians to be seen after this spring. I gleaned this info from the March 2010 issue of Angler Trade magazine

Frank R. Pisciotta

Word in the ski world was they are being shopped for new owners or going out of business fwiw.

Default Cloudveil

I have been guiding out of my 8xpro waders since fall 2008. I average between 150-200 days a year on the water, from Alaska to Northern California and I love the waders. They fit great out of the box and have been super durable.
    It would suck if they go out of business.
    TONY MO
    Please protect our wild resources,
    Practice Catch and Release..
    http://anadromousfly.blogspot.com