Thread: Cabo beach fishing

Default Cabo beach fishing

Does anyone have any experience or info on fishing from the beaches around Cabo San Lucas? I'm planning on being there begining of April for a week with the family, staying close to town.

If you want to fish right in Cabo, this is what I've done in the past. I take a taxi before daylight and have them drop me off at the arroyo near the Villa Del Palmar to access Medano beach. From there, I walk north away from town and the resorts.
    I've caught a number of species of fish off the beach there, including some small roosters.
    I walk a good distance before I start fishing and then work my way back. I usually fish until 10 or 11:00 at the latest, then head back and grab a cab back to the pool and a cold one.
    By 11:00, the beach walkers, jet skiers etc will be out in full force. It is a nice way to get in some fishing in the morning and spend the afternoon with the family.

The other option is to rent a car and hit some of the beach accesses between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo.
    Have a good trip.
    SF

Default Medano Beach

Thanks for the info. We are actually staying on Medano beach at the Riu Santa Fe. 9wt,floating line and a handfull of baitfish flies, maybe I'll get lucky! Anyone fish from a kayak close to shore? I'd probably buy a license if I do that.