Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/20 - risers on the AR

Hey Bryan,

Did you make it out yesterday? Too bad the weather kind of turned. Bryan inspired me to get out this week as well. On Tuesday I landed 7 and it was just as he said except I did hit up a side run and catch one small hatchery fish, lost one, misssed another grab while the sun was still up.

I dropped once nice fish around 17", most of the ones landed were 12-14" but were dime bright and hot fish. 5 wild, 2 hatchery fish. I missed a few other nice fish that came up too but they would've been hard to land probably as the 17" fish just took off like a rocket, jumped twice as soon as I hooked it, got itself onto the reel at the top of the second jump and as I had my drag set too high (for striper) the excess tension allowed it to pull free.
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Yes, got out again and hooked up on a hottie. Still saw a number of fish working but wow they sure can be picky. I'll keep getting out 'til river conditions change.

Default CW.....

yes, you described quite accurately the many situations flyfishing people find ourselves in. Thank you for expanding the circumstances more into words that get across the emotions of it all.