Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yuba river January through March

Elitists suck.

Quote Originally Posted by thekid View Post
    These pictures are for all the guys floating the river with those stupid indicators. I have been on the river about two days a week for the last three months. Every day there is surface action if u know where to look. All of these fish hit the skawala dry or a mayfly. The Yuba is one of the most amazing dry fly streams in northern california.

the kid.
    look for me on the bank.
    Thats cute.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RJSFLYTRIP View Post
    Here are some Indicator Fish for you. I love throwing dries as much as any body else but there is no doubt that you catch bigger fish nymphing. I LOVE MY STUPID INDICATORS!
    Those fish are amazing. cant wait to have one of those hit on top!

Fished the Yuba yesterday floated from the bridge to the takeout. I can't say that either the nyphing or dry fly action was great. I had two take on nymps and we started fishing dries about 1030 until the end of the day. I had 7 solid eats on the dry and missed every one of them.... Yes I know I suck...
    "Is this your homework Larry?"

I don't post much but wow, slight breach of etiquette with the "kids" statement. I think he watched A River Runs Through It too many times.
    Here fishy fishy....

only one post about "THEKID" taking 2 pictures of a fish on dry rocks. figured there would be more than that. he probably has no idea what he did was ethically wrong. hey THEKID if you are going to start a post like you did, pretty much calling indicator users stupid, then you better make sure you dont post something that is unethical. especially puttin up 2 pics of fish on dry rocks. you will have no weight behind your post if you do that. you are taking the slim coat of the fish and could kill it.

there is a place and time that a dry will out fish a indicator rig. but ill take my nymphs over drys on the yuba any day.

Love the hat as well. Another reason not to get off the freeway at Churn Creek Road.

Brian is right, you should try your best not to place a fish on dry ground to take a pic. Always keep the fish in the water when taking a picture like that, and always wet your hands before handling a fish. But, like all of us, we have made mistakes, and fishing is a learning process. I to myself have taking pictures of fish on dry ground until I realized what harm it can do to the fish. It just shows lack of experience, just like saying indicators are stupid. Nymph indicator rigs are awesome but, we all know streamers conquer all!

- Nic

Default Streamers

Nothing Better Than A Streamer Grab!
    Guiding out here on some of the best trout waters of the west coast, it is my goal to fill your memory bank with plenty of fish tales, big and small!

This is amazing!!! "TheKid" drops a post calling out indicator users with a fin clipped turd of a yuba bow he drug up on the rocks with his walmart neos, an old chico fly shop/powell rod, and a clankety reel...again this is amazing. Love that someone has that much of a nut sack to drop a post like that. Bravo young one... bravo.