Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 fly 1 fish tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    Skunks all around. Not a fish caught be the group.
    STFU!! No WAY!! Wow, and here I thought I was being irrational by not going. That's incredible...

I still retain the trophy! (Though I've never even seen it... <lol>)

_SHig

What a great day for fishing.....and a bad day for catching for some of us....they planted the north boat ramp today, and Scott and myself was a half an hour late for the hatchery truck....by the time we got there it was over.....we found a place in the hog line....and i counted 12 fly guys in floattubes, prams, canoes, and a neat sailing pram.....a few fish were caught but i got zipped.....these trout can't be that smart....thanks for doing the 1 fly 1 fish tourney Scott.

Default Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.

Boys boys boys, you should have been there this afternoon. Well, at least for a certain one hour period. And then you had to be in the right spot for that time.

Phil, (Hawkeye) and I took a lunch break when Scott packed it in. Still no fish at that time. After lunch we we took a trip around the lake. In one cove we split up to check it out. I checked my side and found zip, so I headed over to where Phil was. I spotted him and waved, and he waved back and was pulling his anchor up like he was leaving. Well, he went the other way, further into the cove. Kinda strange, so I went in to see what he was up to.
    As I got close he yelled "fish on" and his rod bent. I set my motor to warp speed, which is just about walking speed.

Phil had spotted some trout rising way back in the cove. I moved in next to him and we beat up a school of trout for an hour or so. Several doubles and some fish that actually ran. We each kept a few and released a bunch more before it ended. I've gotta admit, it was looking pretty bleak up til then. We checked out the spot we were casting to and found two deep weedless holes, the fish just stacked up in them for some reason.

We no skunks.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    Skunks all around. Not a fish caught be the group.
    Ya packed it up too soon Scotty!!!!!

The shorts curse is no more.....
    More like dumb luck really. Like Ed said, we had to do a lot of traveling, and casting. I got lucky and noticed a few rises back in that cove, and it was game on for a while.

Was good to see you on the water again.

Gene, good to meet you.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Did you guys ever see what happens when someone yells "FISH ON' at 'Seco during derby weekend?
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Default Just for you Jason

Here's the pic of the Rubber Trout I promised you.

The one on top is typical DFG, the middle one, well, it ran and actually made me give some line so I had to respect it a bit more before whacking it.
    The larger one had pink meat, but they all grilled up great.

I love the "Goo" on the cleaning table, kind of adds the proper uh, ambiance?
    There was a line of cats waiting patiently for us to finish up.

This is Phil, advertising for the shop.

Good times.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    Did you guys ever see what happens when someone yells "FISH ON' at 'Seco during derby weekend?
    I'm still laughing my arse off at that one. That bank fisherman came running from about as far as you were when I yelled out. All his brush crashing was to no avail though.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Question Rubber Trout....

Those Trout kinda look like a couple of Swimbaits....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I wanted to stay and hang with you guys, but since I was not on my pontoon with my trolling motor there was no way in heck I was going to kick around that lake in my float tube.

Phil it was great seeing you out on the water again, I hope it happens more often, I miss you out there. you know almost everytime me and Ed fish together I always bring up "Where is Phil?". It was almost like trying to find Waldo.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Smile Hey Phil, would you like your flies back?

Phil,

When you and me and Ed went up to the beaver ponds last summer, you left a box of wet flies in my truck. They've been sitting on my garage bench ever since.

If you don't want 'em, I'll start using them. I seem to recall they had some history....

Work has slowed down some, so I'm trying to catch up on my fishing. Hitting the Delta with my dad on Saturday. Maybe you can convince Ed to take you for a ride in that luxury craft he picked up last fall....

Mike
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.