Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 fly 1 fish tourney

Default I'm a Giant Ass!!!!

Mike, I'm very sorry I didn't get back to you about those flies. Had some major puter problems for a while, then just plain forgot to call you.

I'll send ya an email if I still have your pm with your address. If not I'll send ya a pm.

Maybe we can get together at the pond there off Prairie City soon.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Mike, I've been shoveling money into that particular hole in the water as fast as I can. I rebuilt the carbs myself and had the water pump replaced, picking it up tomorrow. My limited time was becoming an issue, so I let a pro do the carb adjusting and the water pump.
    Trailer's rewired and bearings, 1hub and 1 roller replaced.
    I'm still mulling over floor and deck possibilities, but what I have will work for now.

I want to check out KD's tying of his Rat tomorrow, so I'll probably hit the water on Sunday. I'm getting pretty antsy myself.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

I'll see you Kiene's tomorrow Ed and then I plan on taking the float tube to Arden pond for some bass. Guppy caught a nice the other day from shore.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    I'll see you Kiene's tomorrow Ed and then I plan on taking the float tube to Arden pond for some bass. Guppy caught a nice the other day from shore.
    I also lost a Nice one today... Ill be out there tomorrow also.

Default Phil & Ed etc.

Don't worry Phil, that little box of flies doesn't take up much room on my bench. Shoot me an email at mchurchill@downeybrand.com and we can arrange to get them back to you. I haven't fished that pond since last fall. I was just thinking yesterday that the warm weather probably has the bass and bluegills waking up. Time to break out the 3-wt.

Ed, I hope you do better today than I did yesterday. Launched at New Hope about 8:00 and had a nice schoolie blow up on a bubblehead on my third cast--but never felt the fish. That was my only strike all morning. We only fished seriously for about 3 hours, then my wife and kids met us at Wimpy's and we took them for a ride around the Delta. Of course, we saw busting fish while cruising slowly a few minutes into the trip and stopped to cast for a few minutes. My dad got a small schoolie on a lure but nothing wanted my clouser.

I should probably raise this on the warm water forum, but it would be fund to do a pond outing this spring for bass and sunfish at a tube friendly location. (Maybe Cameron Park before the weeds get bad?)

Mike
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.