Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 fly 1 fish tourney

Default 1 fly 1 fish tourney

Rancho Seco is having it's spring derby this weekend. Is there any interest in having my 1 fly 1 fish tourney this weekend. If so it would be on Sunday and measure in would be at noon.

Let me know what you all think. Even though he doesn't have the trophy, Shig is the reigning champion.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    Rancho Seco is having it's spring derby this weekend. Is there any interest in having my 1 fly 1 fish tourney this weekend. If so it would be on Sunday and measure in would be at noon.

Let me know what you all think. Even though he doesn't have the trophy, Shig is the reigning champion.
    Ah MAN! Is it that time already? I was planning to hit the AR in my futile search for steelies, but I may have to kibosh that for SecoSunday!!

I'm in if I do go bob in the war zone...

_SHig

I'll be there with my hard hat on.....and my barbless black wiggle tail....last year alot of big trout were caught on Fri. afternoon and early evening hmmmm.

Looks like it is on. Measure in is at high noon on Sunday at the back cove near the fish cleaning sink. I will be in a blue Fishcat flaot tube with a rack on the side and a olive colored Kiene's hat on.

I should make it out there Scott. Think it is going to rain once again?

Its not going to rain, it should be a beautiful day. Which also means crowded.

Unhappy

Scott, you are going to start thinking I am avoiding you probably not so. Sorry everyone but I won't be making it out there tomorrow. Was looking forward to meeting some of you and being on the water on such a nice day too but somethings come up.

I live in Antelope if someone wants to try out my new tie for me on those planters. I wanted to see what type of response I would get. It is an odd fly, mixed between a hellgrammite and a wooly bugger. Chenille body with bead chain eyes, gold wire ribbing and marabou going across the top into a tail. Was going to try some odd colors together as well, a red body with olive marabou tomorrow.

Anyway, some day I will make it to the 1 fly 1 fish tourney. Have a good time being out on the water. Others will be wishing they were you.

How about posting a picture of your creation for all to admire and ponder?

Steve
    It's a Chromer!

Didn't make it out today. Somewhat obsessed about getting my first steelie on the two-hand swing. Still skunked. Managed a handful of hatchery clip-fin parolees but my Skagit head probably weighed more than those fish.

So, any reports from today? I wish I could get this chrome monkey off of my back so I can get back to my beloved stillwater!

_SHig

Skunks all around. Not a fish caught be the group.