Thread: whiskey slough

Default whiskey slough

without a boat and looking to get into some stripers. been reading up on the delta and word is that whiskey slough is fishable by foot. was wondering if anyone in the know out there could give me the low down. is it worth it to head out this week? decently fishable from shore? better place to go for striper/largemouth on foot in the delta? any info is appreciated, give me those hot spots!!!!!!!
    hey, careful man, there's a beverage here

As you know, stripers are where you find them and sometimes you find stripers in Whiskey slough. Once when I was shorebound due to medical reasons, I actually fly fished from shore at Whiskey Slough and White Slough. It was tough using sinking lines due to the heavy weed lines along shore but I did manage to get a few stripers. You will need a stripping basket of some kind as you will be scrambling along the rocks. The best fishing I had was with a floating line and a yellow Gurgler fished in among the open pockets in the weed beds near shore. Lots of action on LMB and sunfish. Found the early hours to be best but sometimes had action all day, especially in the spring and fall. Good luck and have fun.