Thread: Anyone wana go out today?

Default Anyone wana go out today?

I'll be launching at Discovery Park around 11 today, if anyone wants to join me, pm me by 10:30
    Itchin' for a fishin'

Wish I could go, have fun!! PLease give a report, I've been interested if any stripers are around yet.
    Thanks,
    Charles
    If you see a family struggling in a store or public place with their child's strange or disruptive behavior don't judge, the child could have autism, like my daughter.

Looking forward to your report!
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Lots and lots and lots of bait, everywhere. A minute didn't go by without something jumping. I should have brought my 2 Wt. and some sz. 24 dries. Very happy bait too.Tried out a few new poppers and divers I tied, and a little 8"er came straight up, smacked it, then left. Not much goin on, maybe they were there, but full? The sac was pure brown, no vis. AR was clear. 57 deg on the sac and 53-55 on the A. Sea lion fishing the color line, but nobody else on the river.
    Itchin' for a fishin'

Default Happy Bait?

Ted,

I'd be willing to bet that "bait" is smolt and fry working their way downstream. And yes, it becomes bait for anything bigger than they are including that sea lion. Sure, that sea lion would like to eat a nice fat striper or salmon, but don't you think he also would like an easy endless meal of smolt? He's sort of like that big German Brown sucking #24 Midges off the surface as they drift by.

Glad to hear the temps. in both rivers are coming up too. How far up the AR did you go?
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

I went pretty far up, probably 300 yds up from the bus 80 bridge.
    Itchin' for a fishin'