Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: I-Hate-To-Tie-This-Fly FLY SWAP

Thumbs up Matuka's....

Robin,.... The history of the Matuka is that the style originated in New Zealand for lakes down there. It has been adopted over here for rivers/lakes and is good for Steelhead as well as Trout.... I've even heard of matuka's being used for Black Bass....

Try varied sizes and colors to find out what you'd like to use the matuka for. Happy exploring....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Got my swap flies! Wow, for being difficult-for-the-tyer-to-tie flies, this is one of the finest sets of swap flies ever. Thanks for all the great ties everyone and special thanks to Ben for hosting!

With fishing about to bust open soon everywhere, I don't know if folks are up for another swap but I'm game if everyone else is.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hairstacker
    Wow, for being difficult-for-the-tyer-to-tie flies, this is one of the finest sets of swap flies ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by jburge
    for a group that "hates" to ties these flies, wow! This is a fine looking set. A really nice job by all.
    Hubby said the same when I showed him the collection. He'd never seen the Matuka before either...

I, too, am also game for another swap, if anyone is willing to host! True, LMB and stripes are just around the corner, but if the turn around is 6 wks like this one, we shouldn't have any trouble fitting it in?

Thanks again guys!
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Finsallaround View Post
    LMB and stripes are just around the corner
    Seems like a perfect time for a bass swap. Bring on the meat!

Quote Originally Posted by WoolyBugger View Post
    Seems like a perfect time for a bass swap. Bring on the meat!
    Doh! Sounds like fun, but I just signed up to do Scott's shad fly swap. As much as I'd love to do some bass bugs, I don't want to spread myself too thin Maybe next time around...

John

Default swap

those were some great flies, good job everyone. I am up for the bass one if everyone else is.

My flies arrived today...forgot to send forwarding address
    Great job everyone. I can't wait to try these babies out.