Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SF bay diver hunt (YouTube)

Nice bag Charlie, couple sprig and wigeon and a hen mallard it looks like. Man, those geese look huge too. My brother and I typically pass on dark geese. We had some huge honkers fly over us at 35 yards this year and we were just like hey look, honkers......
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Greg, get your head out of your rear end, that video is not funny.

the video is great gregg! im not into hunting but it seems like you guys have an awesome time! dont listen to the haters their just turned off from that time they tried to shoot clays and had a 12yr old girl next to em snaking their clays cause they couldnt hit em!!

haha nice footage

Default SF bay diver hunt

Nice shooting! As for "what does hunting have to do with fly fishing", many of us actually use feathers and other materials from "harvested" game in our flies! Let me see - pheasant tails, buck tails, turkey quills, squirrel zonkers - the list is endless. What kind of dog was that - griffon, wire haired pointer, dratthauer (sp)?
    Last edited by coolrivertx; 01-23-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: grammar & spelling

Default "Diver Hunt"?

I hunt but I don't know what a Diver Hunt is?

"Diver Hunt"= hunting for diving ducks.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

This year's been a tough duck hunting year. Only my third season really, but I can't complain too much, got my band for the season to put on the lanyard. However, couldn't pay me enough to go on a diver hunt, never had one that actually tasted good.

Default Hunting in California

I was a huge waterfowl hunter when I lived in Oregon and have yet to give this state a try. Anyone have a place they don't mind sharing to get me back out there.
    I have a boat and ground blind.
    Thanks
    T
    TONY MO
    Please protect our wild resources,
    Practice Catch and Release..
    http://anadromousfly.blogspot.com

The valley has some very good refuges to get started on. Just dont be afraid to get out and learn them, I'm sure plenty of people on this forum would take you out. Refuge hunting can be frustrating though, dealing with all the crap that comes with public hunting, but it can also be very rewarding once you figure places out. I was fortunate that a friend took me under his wing and taught me a thing or two about refuge hunting and the proper way to hunt ducks, as it provides a lot of free fly tying materials for family and friends.

Default garbage

Quote Originally Posted by GreggH View Post
    Some people hunt on this site. As for shooting the duck on the water, thats how you dispatch a duck thats been already shot. Keep your negitive BS to yourself. Bill Dance bloopers? Give us all a break.
    your footage is garbage. This is a fly shop page. Send your hunting to cabelas. u can hardly call that hunting. get a hawk or a falcon to do your dirty work and leave the guns at home.

the kid.