Had a fun day at Pyramid today reconnecting with old friends,getting to know new ones and catching a few fish.Fished the nets with the local retired crowd and found it to be tough sledding for most of the day.No bent rods and lots of casting practice.Until about 3pm.From then until dark we bad a bit of a bite with fish being caught with fish being caught on both black woolies and white beetles.I landed 3 of 4 hooked and my buddy Ernie went 6 for 8.The takes were subtle and we both missed numerous fish.Largest fish landed was around 6lbs and the rest were in the 20-23" range.Water temps were 46*.

If I were to go back in the next few days I would sleep late and get to the lake around noon.Then fish til dark as it seems there is virtually no morning bite right now.This may all change with the weather on the way.

Today reminded my of why I love Pyramid.Late in the day as the sun was about to set the Pyramid shone like a beacon from across the lake.As I stood on my ladder I was a happy man taking in the natural beauty of one of the most dramatic landscapes on this planet.And we caught fish......

Jay