Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: International Sportsmen's Expositions

I had a great time tying for 4 days , as usual .

It was fantastic to visit w/ my old Friends , make new Friends , and meet and chatter away with all sorts of different folks ! Hanging out with all the pro tyers is fun beyond words , and I am insanely lucky to be there !!

Thanks to everyone who stopped by for a visit or stayed a while and chatted - you are the best !!

David

WOW......what a great time i had yesterday.....this was my fourth year of tying at the ISE show and i still get nervous....yesterday a young man ask me if i could put a tail on his bass lures.....hmmmmm.....a challenge.....i told him if he could take the trible hook off the lures i would put a tail on it for him.....putting a tail on was challenging.....but i got the job done.....he said that i made his day.....and he left with new tails on his bass lures.
    Bill Carnazzo did a drawing for the fly tyer's for the ISE show.....we had to tie a fly and enter it for the drawing....Marty Holmes reached in to the can and pulled my name out for a Gary Borger Light Touch 8ft 4 weight rod and a Light Touch Reel.....WOW is all i could say.....then Susan Goss reached in the can and pulled David Lee name out and he won all the flies that we tied for the drawing.

ps....Robin my computer won't let post any picture here maybe you can post a couple from the one's that i sent paul thanks
    Last edited by gene goss; 01-25-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Default Here ya go Gene....

Ron English (Ray Ito in the background)

Ray Ito

Paul Egan (paulegan81)

I guess a couple of guys are coming to Paul's beginning tying class this next weekend and signing up for GBF, just so they can take his class...
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
    I had a great time tying for 4 days , as usual .

It was fantastic to visit w/ my old Friends , make new Friends , and meet and chatter away with all sorts of different folks ! Hanging out with all the pro tyers is fun beyond words , and I am insanely lucky to be there !!

Thanks to everyone who stopped by for a visit or stayed a while and chatted - you are the best !!

David
    It was fun getting a chance to talk with you David. Thanks for the compliments my friend!
    Often wrong, seldom in doubt!

Thanks to all the fly tiers because it is these events that attract new people to our great sport.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hey Bill,

I think your Fly Fishing Fair in April draws more attention to the sport than most shows. It's great to see the exhibitors and clubs that show up every year.
    The best thing is there's no $6.00 hot dogs and $2.50 bottles of water.

You and Marilyn and the staff of Kiene's do a fantastic job in putting this event together.

It's definitely a fun packed day. Can't wait until April

Jay

I'm in total agreement with you Jay.

Bill's event can be considered Sacramento's own Fly Fishing Show.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Fats View Post
    It was fun getting a chance to talk with you David. Thanks for the compliments my friend!
    Nice meeting You , OldTroutBelly , and Maury Hatch , as well !!

Dunno why I thought you'd be older guys ?

While I love the Kiene's Expo ..... the best time I ever had at a sports-show-kinda-thing was the Warmwater Expo @ Kienes . A shame we don't do that one every year ....

D.~

"Warmwater Expo @ Kienes"...
    David that's because it was a Team Bass-N-Fly event (Bill and Marilyn helped sponsor it). We are considering doing another one at some point (perhaps sooner rather than later?).

Thanks for the interest and support of our work. We certainly don't take that for granted.
    Cheers, Ken
    Last edited by k.hanley; 01-27-2010 at 10:36 AM.
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Yup I would agree 100% that Kiene's Spring Fair is one of the best events in the year. Every year! It has been an honor to be a part of that experience over the years. Well done Bill, Marilyn, and crew!!!!!!!!!!
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!