Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mexican Food....

Thumbs up Mexican Food....

Was re-reading some of my prior posts under other Forums and came across a reference to Los Jarritos on Broadway near 26th Street. Lots of good americanized and authentic Mexican food there for a decent price. Plus, it's a bakery. They're open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Clean and kinda like a cafeteria.

I like it because after eating there I can keep myself warm in waders while wading deep. Keeps a bunch of space between me and others as well....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Right near Discovery park off Northgate... Ramona's has some of the best buritos that I know period. Super chicken, beans-rice and cheese is the ticket. It's a take-out or eat outside kind of place. Dont't forget the red (hot) sauce.

If fishing Folsom lake... try Cabo's off auburn-folsom rd. The calamari costa brava is off the charts. Nice restaurant style place.

Default los mariachis in red bluff

that is a mandatory stop for us when we are coming back from fishing in redding

Default Ricardos in Chico

I've been eating at Ricardos in Chico (2365 Esplanade) since 1974. The menu, service, and quality have always been top notch. Ownership has changed, but they didn't change a thing at the restaurant, thank goodness. I don't live in CA anymore, but anytime I'm there I make a point to get to Ricardos.

My pick is Taqueria La Fogata in Burney. "Taqueria" is kind of out of place here, because it is really more of a sit-down Mexican dinner place.The chile verde there is to die for. Big soft hunks of pork that you can chew with your tongue, in a delightful sauce. Super nice people, too. I eat there at least once every time I am near Burney.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeln View Post
    My pick is Taqueria La Fogata in Burney. "Taqueria" is kind of out of place here, because it is really more of a sit-down Mexican dinner place.The chile verde there is to die for. Big soft hunks of pork that you can chew with your tongue, in a delightful sauce. Super nice people, too. I eat there at least once every time I am near Burney.
    Man - now I really want some chile verde...you've remined me of another favorite place - Senor Sanchos in Paso Robles. Their chile verde was comparable to what La Fogata's sounds like. I was in Burney last July...wish I'd had this tip then. I missed it that trip. Next time...now to find some decent chile verde soon...

If on the 50 and near Placerville, get off on Broadway and try Tijuana Taqueria. Miguel makes the best carnitas I have had and I grew up in Santa Ana in southern California and have had alot of mexican food. If you like nachos, he makes the biggest plate of nachos I have ever seen for the price. I know plenty of people that could not finish the small nachos. Anything and everything Miguel serves is some of the best. Free chips for munching while waiting for your food and plenty of hot sauce and jalapeños.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Default Mex Food

I always stop at Casa Lupe whether in Yuba City or Hamilton City during Shad season. Cheap, good, and strong Margaritas.
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity

But I know none, and therefore am no beast

-William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog1973 View Post
    I always stop at Casa Lupe whether in Yuba City or Hamilton City during Shad season. Cheap, good, and strong Margaritas.
    Can I get an "amen"?

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog1973 View Post
    Is this the restaurant located right off the highway (right side corner of the intersection) as you enter Hamilton City from Orland?

I sure like El Azteca in Roseville. Not exactly on the 'road' to and from any place special.... well, I guess one could be on the way to and from Verona via Riego/Baseline back to Placer County. Their Chili Verde is sneaky hot and they sell the (hard to find) big 24 oz bottles of Tecate which, for some reason, appear to be smoother and tastier vs. the 12 oz bottle.
    Last edited by OceanSunfish; 05-26-2010 at 11:01 PM.