Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spey Fly Swap

After sitting down at the tying bench I changed my colors.I am now tying an "ICEE" maribou.Pink,purple,blue maribou with a magenta schlappen color.Almost done with a dozen.

Jay

Default I'd like to try...

I would like to be a part of this swap if there is still room...I will tie a spey style green butted skunk

I'll tie my version of a silver hilton on an Alec Jackson hook.
    >>>
    >>>

"No. I uh... I put... uh... Why, you buying?"
    -Roy Munson

http://www.sac-sierratu.org/

Quote Originally Posted by jwholmesjr View Post
    I would like to be a part of this swap if there is still room...I will tie a spey style green butted skunk
    There is definitely room for you in the swap; thanks for your interest! I'll get you and your pattern on the final list.

The final participant list with flies will be posted in a couple days. If you haven't done so already, please let me know what pattern you will be tying.

There is still in the swap room for a couple more tiers. Cut off is December 31.

I hope everyone had a great holiday/Christmas!
    FISH HARD OR GO HOME

Thanks Fish Head..these will be very special green butted skunks tied "my way" which I will probably demo at the ISE show in Sacramento 0n 1/24 at the fly tiers demo area. My buddy Gene and I will be there on Sunday AM along with some others. Any of you in the area, come by and say "Hi!"!

Exclamation

Happy New Year everyone! I hope your head feels good this morning

With the new year, it's time to cut enrollment and get on with the fly swap! Here's who I have on the final participation list and their respective fly"

1. Fish Head
    2. Cody
    3. Speyfool
    4. NVswitch
    5. Fats - cone head heriators
    6. Craig
    7. Littletrukee - "ICEE" maribou
    8. IronMtn - silver hilton
    9. jwhomesjr - green butt skunk

As you can see, we have 9 people participating, which means we all need to tie 8 flies and will get 8 different flies in return. Alternately, if you send me 9 flies, you will get one of your flies returned to you.

PLEASE post to this thread the pattern that you will be producing for the swap, or PM me and I'll update the list.

I'll be PM'ing everyone individually to confirm you are still interested in participating. Once you have confirmed, I'll send you my address.
    FISH HARD OR GO HOME

I don't know what I'll be tying yet. However, it will be one of the ones I use most often with success for steelhead.

Sorry to take so long to get back. I will tie my version of "Purple Peril Spey" flies for the swap. It worked great for me on the Grand Rhonde last year.
    Thanks NVswitch

Updated List:

1. Fish Head - TBD (likely a string leach)
    2. Cody - TBD
    3. Speyfool - TBD
    4. NVswitch - Purple Peril
    5. Fats - cone head heriators
    6. Craig - TBD
    7. Littletrukee - "ICEE" maribou
    8. IronMtn - silver hilton
    9. jwhomesjr - green butt skunk

PM's will be sent out today to each of you with my address. When I receive all the flies, the fly assortment will be sent back to each of you.

When you send your flies to me, please remember to include a pre-paid return postage package. In the past swaps I've been involved in, people sent their flies in fly boxes, protected envelopes, plastic fly containers that you get from fly shops, etc. Whatever works for you. If you would like to include your fly recipe, I'll be sure to pass it along to everyone involved. I also plan to post pictures once all the flies are ready to go.

Let’s try to wrap up the swap by mid- to end or February. If this is too short or too long of a period, just let me know.
    FISH HARD OR GO HOME

flies sent hope to see the others soon. If there is a problem with the postage please let me know I will send money post haste thanx for putting on this tie