Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comments on the Lower Yuba River meeting

Robin, your following statement is not true: "Bottom line is, Western Aggregates owns the property and could technically do whatever they please up to and including blocking all public access."
    WA does legally own the area in question, no doubt about it. However, there are many public easements that can be used by the public to access the river floodplain through their property, so they can not legally block public access, PERIOD. In addition, under CA State Law and Federal Law, the public has the legal right to access the Yuba floodplain any where below the mean high water mark, even though WA does own the property. WA and YOA claims of "tresspassing" are patently false and grossly exaggerated.

Well Darian, since you have quoted (and misquoted) some of my posts I will respond. My experiences with YOA are the same as described by Nightgoat. I was confronted and harrassed by armed guards claiming to be employed by YOA for "Trespassing". I was not trespassing and when confronted by the armed guards was actually standing in the water in the Yuba River. I can document fully and prove these "claims", even if you personally don't believe them. These are facts, and not opinions, and I want to make that completely clear.
    Last edited by Bob Laskodi; 12-11-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Default Quotes.....

Sorry Bob,.... Regardless of your claims, those quotes were taken from yours and others prior posts (in more than one thread). If the shoe fits, you'll just have to wear it.

IMHO,.... Seems to me that your/our cause would be better served if you toned down your comments and let Robin/nightgoat carry the ball. At least they have open minds....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Sorry, Darian, but I don't really care what your opinion is about me. If the shoe fits please wear it. Your comments will have no impact on myself posting on this forum, so, please don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Laskodi View Post
    Robin, your following statement is not true: "Bottom line is, Western Aggregates owns the property and could technically do whatever they please up to and including blocking all public access."
    WA does legally own the area in question, no doubt about it. However, there are many public easements that can be used by the public to access the river floodplain through their property, so they can not legally block public access, PERIOD. In addition, under CA State Law and Federal Law, the public has the legal right to access the Yuba floodplain any where below the mean high water mark, even though WA does own the property. WA and YOA claims of "tresspassing" are patently false and grossly exaggerated.
    I'm sorry I did not express this statement properly, I wrote this late last night after a long day at work, this meeting and back again and our club's general meeting.

What that should have said was "Bottom line is, Western Aggregates owns the property and could technically do whatever they please up to and including blocking all public access above the high water line." Those launching their watercraft are driving above the high water line to access the public easement.
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Exclamation GEEzzzz

Bob,.... You are correct, my opinion of you doesn't matter. I don't really know what kind of person you are. Most of the time you sound like a great guy (especially when fishing with your son).

I've been trying to point out to you that regardless of who you really are, inflammatory/intemperate remarks and obvious closed mind in this aren't helping and may cause you some problems in the future. At the least, your determination that YOA be removed borders on an attempt to torpedo the project. That outcome is not acceptable to the restoration of Salmonids in the Yuba River.

From what you've stated about your working background, I'd say you have quite a bit to offer this project but unless you can tone down the actions/comments, your points will probably be ignored.... Lighten up.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Never fished the Yuba, but the thread is interesting to follow. Trespass laws have always seemed straight forward to me, if its not yours and not public property you are more than likely trespassing. I think it really is that simple. The Yuba situation sounds complicated but it really boils down to where are the lines for public and private, if you can access public easements, lands without crossing private property then you would only be subject to the govts restrictions for use. Can you drive or walk to the Yuba without crossing private property?

Well all the arguing continues. Will it ever end? Probably not. I want to say thank you to Robin and the other member of Granite Bay for showing up and for their support. Thank you Night goat for your support. Some day we will all catch up with each other and discuss what we can do to move forward. That would probably be best done off this message board since WE are the ones that got the full story. It is very disconcerning to me that so much speculation is still being brought forth. Night goat and Robin have reported the truth they have no reason to lie to you. What was not mentioned is that WA's VP did say they will conceder a boat launch but right now the most important thing is and let’s not forget this is the return of SALMOM and STEELHEAD. Also the land is being listed as a Nature conservancy and WA will not let YOA operate the land as a pay to play club. I think that all the local clubs, fly shop owners and guides get together and build some trust that we can and will manage the land for WA and that we can volunteer our time to put up some barriers to protect SYRCL’s project. My fight is to keep YOA out of the picture. Thank you SYRCL and Western Ag. For listening to all of are thoughts, concerns and complaints you guys did a great job clearing things up. As to YOA ( Randy Jarvis) you will not get your way if WE the fisherman have anything to do with it.

Tom Page
    Foothill fly fishing expeditions
    tompage@gmail.com
    530-913-3909

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Page View Post
    the most important thing is and let’s not forget this is the return of SALMOM and STEELHEAD.
    BINGO!

- Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dabalone View Post
    Never fished the Yuba, but the thread is interesting to follow. Trespass laws have always seemed straight forward to me, if its not yours and not public property you are more than likely trespassing. I think it really is that simple. The Yuba situation sounds complicated but it really boils down to where are the lines for public and private, if you can access public easements, lands without crossing private property then you would only be subject to the govts restrictions for use. Can you drive or walk to the Yuba without crossing private property?
    The problem with the Yuba is knowing where those lines are. While driving along New Truck Rd (or whatever it is called). It is very difficult to know what is public and what is private. For the longest time, I thought it was all public land on the river side of the road, but over the last 6 or 10 months, I realized it was mostly private land. If I'm reading my maps correctly, there is still a section that is public that you can get to the water. But figuring that out when you get there is almost impossible.