Thread: american hotel?

Default american hotel?

howdees all..

am making a long weekend trip in january up to the american...
    (coming from the bay area)

anyone got any hotel recommendations...

dont need anything fancy...usually stay at the vagabond when i go to the eastern sierras....

hawthorn? la qunitana? red roof?

like i said simple...no more than $60.00 per night...i should be on the river like all day...so the room is only for shower and sleep...

thanks all

Bf

Default hotel

motel 6 rancho cordova 60 bucks is a stretch

Comfort Inn at Hazel and Hwy 50. Rooms for 60 to 65w/continental breakfast and it will put you by the hatchery. Much better neighborhood too. Yahoo search for hotels in Rancho Cordova.

Quote Originally Posted by burl51 View Post
    motel 6 rancho cordova 60 bucks is a stretch
    I don't know about that one, there's a lot of shady people hanging around there. Some friends stayed one year while I stayed at the Hampton, around 80 a night but clean and secure.

I'll second the Comfort Inn off Hazel. Be sure to check in first and recieve
    a 10% discount at the Samurai Restaurant next door. Enjoy! WB

Default A little hospitality

I'm really in no position to bring this up because I no longer live in the area, but why dosen't one of us board members offer baselfish a place to stay, and maybe even show him a fun day on the river.

It seems that as a society we've accepted and embraced an every one for himself mentality that in turn has devalued human interaction and generosity. And that's really sad because we all benifit from what each of us has to give.

I've done alot of bike touring and this summer hiked the Pacific Crest Trail, and on each of these adventures I've been on the recieving end of so much generosity (water, food, transporation, first aid, and even housing) from complete strangers. When I experience this I can help but think how much nicer the world would be if even 1/10 of us could be this generous 1/10 of the time.

Think how awesome it woud be if when we go to fish in a new place, rather than spending an evening in a lonely hotel room watching re-runs of Deadliest Catch, we could spend time with somebody who can teach us so much about the area and who knows what else.

Hospitality costs at most a little bit of time, and there is so much that we can gain from meeting new people. Maybe baselfish can teach you how to tie some new fly patterns, maybe he'll cook you and your family the best meal you've ever eaten, and maybe if you're lucky you'll gain a lifelong friend. Who knows? Everybody has something to offer we just need to take the time to find out what that is. At the very least he can take the $120 bucks that he was going to spend on a room and spend it at Kienes, helping out Bill and Andy and all the other great folks at the shop.

I bet there's on of us out there (there are hundreds of people who post on this board and thousands who read) that could put baselfish up for a night or two. You don't even need to invite him into your house if that would make you feel uncomfortable. Maybe you have a camper parked in the driveway? I encourage one of us to give it a try. You will feel good about yourself, and who knows you might get a whole lot more of it.

Sorry if this post was out of line. I just feel that if we all give just a little bit the world we live in stands to gain A LOT!
    Last edited by Skunked again; 12-10-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Smile Free Lodging at Skunked Agains Pad?

I'm in! Where do we sign up? If Skunked does not come through, stick with Hazel and Hiway 50!

wow...unbridled acts of random kindess and hospitality....

been on lots of boards (cars, cigar, & shooting fourms) and that has to be the most sincere post ive ever seen...

espeically for a guy like me with only a single post to my name...

actually it would be me and my cousin....

i think we will try the comfort inn off hazel - expedia had it at $60.00 per night.

i will keep you all updated...

my cousin and i will likley come up thurs 1/14 and stay till sunday 1/17
    the whole river will be open and give us several days to try various prime spots...

so anyone who would want to ..toss some flies and eggs...smoke some cubans...drink some beers...and wade out all day till you go into hypothermic tremors...keep the dates in mind...

i just bought a wading staff...but im alwys good for a good laugh...as i seem to always go into the drink...cell phone,camera et al...

anywho

thanks all for your info...

Bf

Skunked again, that's a very nice sentiment, but in my case, my wife takes a very dim view of inviting folks I've never met to spend the night.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.