Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swappin' time (or, this isn't your Dad's dry fly collection)

Quote Originally Posted by gene goss View Post
    You can add my name to the list if you don't mind the same old wiggle tail.....maybe a different color for the new year....i heard that black is out and pink is in.
    Gene, the venerable wiggle tail is unfortunately not listed as part of the "Ultimate Trout Subsurface Fly Collection" . . . are you sure you wouldn't want to tie something that is?
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

I am tying a wiggle tail as well, it is my go to fly for subsurface trout. Mine will be olive. Anyone who fishes with me on stillwater knows I always throw a wiggle tail now, thanks to Gene showing me about them.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I'll call dibs on the Dark Lord...probably size 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairstacker View Post
    Gene, the venerable wiggle tail is unfortunately not listed as part of the "Ultimate Trout Subsurface Fly Collection" . . . are you sure you wouldn't want to tie something that is?
    Aw... Come on Mike... a wiggle tail is just a junior wooly bugger!
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Okay fine! I was kind of hoping they would challenge themselves, but then again, it is not my place to think or say so.
    -- Mike

I'm not sure what i am going to tie, but count me in. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hairstacker View Post
    Okay fine! I was kind of hoping they would challenge themselves, but then again, it is not my place to think or say so.
    You want challenge or something proven to work!? :P

I'm still on the fence on this one...

_SHig

Quote Originally Posted by SHigSpeed View Post
    You want challenge or something proven to work!? :P

I'm still on the fence on this one...

_SHig
    Well . . . since most flies are a challenge for me to tie really well, I have no problems being able to satisfy both criteria. But, I get your point, some of the guns on this board may find every one of those flies on the "Ultimate Trout Subsurface Fly Collection" thread overly easy and thus be in a quandry . . . .
    -- Mike

im in, i'll let you know what im tying

Scott, you mean the water is back in and they've finished the construction??? Can't believe you were bagging trout. I know where I'm going next!

Gee, I didn't realize we had "junior woolly bugger" lovers They're definitely subsurface, and though they're not mentioned by name in the list, if they're catching fish and you believe in 'em, then bring 'em on!

Mike, I can totally relate to the challenge aspect. I'm involved in another swap on another board, where it's going to be a really simple midge. So, I'm going to push myself on this one a bit, especially if I try for the Mighty Mite.

And now that we have Scott V, Guppy, gene goss, flounder, _SHig?, and Cody, we still have room for 3 more. Who's in?

John

BTW, if you want to check the status of the swap quickly, I'll be updating the starting message for this thread.