Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Fare-Well to Guiding on the Fly

Thumbs up Ciao

Congratulations....I wish you and Amanda the very best in your new life together.

Although we have never fished together, I always enjoyed checking the back room at Kiene's and finding you there to chat with. I guess the closest we ever came to fishing together was meeting up with you, Keith and Dan Blanton at a rest stop in the middle of the Yucatan jungle to swap vans. Ken Hanley was there as well. As you said great people and exotic places make fly fishing the wonder that it is.

Ciao....Anne
    "So it goes"

Default It has been an honor and pleasure...

Ryan,

You have lived and closed this chapter of your life with class, respect, and gratitude... these qualities will open up opportunities for you and "guide" you well in your future career endeavors.

It was great to work with you in many different capacities (guiding, travel, events, etc...) at Angling On The Fly, Kiene's Fly Shop, Downstream, etc... I appreciate your dedicated work in travel and will surely miss guiding on the local waters with you.

I wish you and Amanda all the best and look forward to your return visits to CA. And finally, a BIG congrats to you and Amanda on your engagement... what an exciting time in your lives! Take care, travel safe, and keep on fishing (warm-water, I guess now )

Best Regards,
    Keith
    Angling On The Fly Travel
    (916) 539-3474
    www.AnglingOnTheFly.com

Congrats Ryan! I wish you all the best!

George

Ryan, best wishes to you and your fiance! Sounds like you are on the cusp of your next grand adventure.

We never got a chance to fish together unfortunately (my loss ), but I think you're going to enjoy the Dallas/Fort Worth area . . . lots to do and you'll be surrounded by lakes and other warmwater fisheries.

You might want to check out these fellas . . . this is a very prominent Texas fishing board and it has fly fishing subforums as well:

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/.../forum_summary

Anyway, good luck and please pipe in here from time to time with pictures of your warmwater fly patterns and some of those big Texas bass.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default You'll be missed

Ryan:
    Your good work and incredible spirit will be missed. I very much enjoyed fishing with you and comparing notes, you always offered an upbeat and informed perspective.
    Congratulations on your engagement, she is a lucky lady indeed. Wishing you the very best in your new adventures. I hope and expect we will soon cross paths again. Until then do stay in touch and take good care.
    Craig Nielsen

Default Fare ye well young lad

This news comes as a shocker...

You've either gone mad or Amanda is one helluva wonderful woman (likely, both).

You were one of the few anglers who spent as much time on or in the river as I do...

I'm not sure how one severs the strands to which his life is so inextricably intertwined with such decisiveness but I suppose change is good and you have your reasons...

Texas is a good place to be. All of my family is from there and many of my kinfolk still live there.

Stripers, white bass and wipers or 'hybrids' as they call 'em... are plentiful there and not too many people fling flies at 'em so... there ya' go.

I always appreciated your open-minded approach to fishing and that you never came off as an elitist, holier-than-thou type in the midst of my gear-slingin' buds and I on the river.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors~

Happy Trails
    Mark

Congrats dude, got kicked out of Joe's last night in your honor.

Talking

NNNNOOOOOOOO! DDDDOOOOOOON't LEEEEEAAAAAAVE! WHo's going to show me where the fish are? COngrats bud and congrats to Amanda. Not only am I impressed that she knows Lacrosse and Hockey, but she gets to marry Killer Miller! You know where to find me next time your eye swells up!
    Regards,
    Joe

Fishing is like hockey...ya gotta get it in the net!

May you always be in sync with the Grand Eternal Woo.

See you Downstream.

Default Words aren't enough...

Words can't come close to expressing my gratitude for all of your wishes and farewells. After a major 2-day burn we arrived in Dallas this AM and now I know that this is all actually happening. I am excited to start exploring the area, prospect for employment and spending time with Amanda.

For those of you I never had the chance to guide I am sure we would have had a great time trying to catch fish. As for the people that I have guided, I will be staying in touch with you.

Even though words don't cut it, thank you.

Ryan
    When in doubt, fish.