Thread: South Delta 11/24

Default South Delta 11/24

Needed to break in the new boat, Fished the south Delta area today from 10:30 A.M. till dark with MALBERS. The weather was perfect, not even a whisper of wind. Found lots and lots of small stripers and a few "others". When Malbers and I fish together it always turns into a healthy competition. We had a great time with 8 doubles, and ended up with 58 stripers to 3#, 9 LMB to 2# and get this 1- 5# jack salmon and .wierd as could be, 1 jack American Shad. Any one ever heard of landing a shad !- in the Delta- ! in November !! Well Malbers whooped me in the striper derby 33 to 25, he got an early lead and as hard as I tried I could no catch up. I ended up getting a very rare Delta slam-LMB, Striper, Salmon and Shad. What an awesome day.
    Thanks Malbers. I'll be back in a couple of days.

Hatch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB240409.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	1020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB240404.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	1021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB240397.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	1022  

Nice boat! Fishing the Delta you never know what you will catch using flies, that shad is certainly an oddball for this time of year.

Thanks for a great day. You forgot to mention I caught the smallest striper we have ever seen. My fly tied to a #6 hook was 3/4 the size of the fish. It was a baby; yes it swam away to get bigger. No matter the size, stripers at lively critters.