Thread: Any reviews of this new fly tying scissors?

Default Any reviews of this new fly tying scissors?

Has anyone heard of these new scissors? Seems like a cool product but wanted to know if anyone has had first hand experience with the tool?

I found the following endorsement:
    http://maineflycastings.com/2009/09/...inger-scissor/

Default Sixth Finger

I purchased a pair as soon as I saw them.

I like the scissors a lot. I wear trifocals and once putting something down, like scissors for instance, I have trouble locating it again. Having the scissors in my hand makes finding them quite a bit easier and they do not inhibit my tying skills (or lack thereof) at all.

These scissors are one of those "why didn't I think of it" ideas that come along now and then. I heartily recommend the scissors, they work very well for me, are not pricey, they speed up my tying as I'm never looking for scissors nor am I putting down then picking up scissors between tying steps. They're great!
    Last edited by oldtrout; 11-28-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Question Scissors....

I've seen something similar to those somewhere before under another name. The difference is the addition of the ring for a finger. I think maybe they were some type of optical scissors (Iris maybe ). Regardless, it's a good idea for some tyers....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Squissors (???sp)

I use a pair of squissors that are very much like these but lack the finger ring. I love em...
    Tom Burton
    wtburton@sbcglobal.net
    (707) 678-3850

I've used squissors before... I didn't like them because I couldn't keep them in my hand. I like the idea of the ring. I won't be trying these guys out as I've found a style of scissor that I'm really comfortable with. They do all that I need them to do and I don't have to think about them at all.
    Often wrong, seldom in doubt!

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Fats...exactly right (IMNSHO)...what I got works & I see no reason to change. I'm all for new gimmicks, I just don't need this one.
    RFT