Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Rancho Seco 1 fly 1 fish tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    Shigg, you won the prize dude!

I changed flies several times. The first fly for me lasted about 10 minutes.

Fun time today. Wind, rain, and then just cold.

Highlight of the day was Scott, Gene, me and a couple other guys cornered a school across the way from the ramp. Tons of hook-ups for everyone.

Tip of the day.

Don't set the wing nuts from your e-motor battery aside with the intention of putting them back on the terminals in 'just a minute'.

Good thing I have oars.

Ed
    Ed,

As long as you used the same pattern, you get the lump! That is unless Gene got one bigger or someone else decided not to slack and manned up to play in the weather!

Besides, I'm sure Scott got one bigger than my biggest right?

_SHig

The one fly for the derby went fish less.....i withdrew my name from the derby and put my black wiggle tail on and caught a couple of fish.....Ed and Scott you guys are way to kind....thanks Scott for putting this together....in spite of the weather.....i had a good time the last couple of day....looks like no rain for tomorrow....see you out there.

Shig, you're it buddy.
    My "one fly" was a red and white wet fly, it killed last year. Nada today. I switched up to a 'whadd'ya know', black wiggle tail and that's what I hooked all mine on.

Gene, that double of jumpers we had on was way cool.

Ed
    Last edited by Ed Wahl; 12-13-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

I got to the lake at around 6:45 and launched by 7:15. Not too much to report, other than wind! Managed one that went just over 17" on my "skinny slumpbuster". I never saw anybody else there so I assume I was in the wrong place. All the previous posts said to meet at the first boat launch as you get to the lake so that's where I went. I'm glad to hear things were better elsewhere. I was blown off the water at about 11:00 so I packed up and headed out. This was my first time fishing Rancho Seco and I think it will have to be put into the regular rotation...preferably on calm days!

Would there be any interest in doing this same type of thing at Amador? They stock the hell out of that lake and if we got a big enough group together we may be able to get a discounted rate?

-Ben

Checked out Amador a week or so ago... looked like a pond. The water level is/was way way down. That combined with the (est.) $8 parking, $7 fishing and $2 float tube launching fee made me turn around and head to Seco. I used to love to fish that place back in the day...

Hey Wooleybugger sorry we did not see each other out there. The original plabn was to meet at the ramp at 1:00 to see who had the biggest fish. I was orignally going to park over there but since Shig needed to borrow my float tube I just parked on the other side of the lake. Plus you get out of the wind a bit when you fish in the cove on the other side.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Thumbs up

Nice Shig! That scouting done prior to Sunday paid off. Sorry I was not able to make it Scott & gang. Maybe we can get some similar annual fish offs going at other locations as well?

Thanks for putting this together Scott & keeping it going. - Bryan

Scott, you gonna do it up again for the Spring Derby? I'll be there either way...

BTW, last I checked, Amador was more like a $25+ ticket to play. WAY too rich for my blood.

_SHig

Woohoo!

My fish came in at number 8. A day pass and 25 bucks.

Now I've gotta find a good 25 dollar Bourbon to celebrate.

I just paid 26 for a pretty good Scotch, so I know it can be done.

Drinks are on me boys.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    Woohoo!

My fish came in at number 8. A day pass and 25 bucks.

Now I've gotta find a good 25 dollar Bourbon to celebrate.

I just paid 26 for a pretty good Scotch, so I know it can be done.

Drinks are on me boys.

Ed
    I'll take a diet cola Ed! BTW, what did that fish weigh in at?

_SHig