Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rancho Seco 1 fly 1 fish tourney

1 day only, you have to fish on Sunday. The trophy does say 1 day 1 fish 1 fly. So you better show on Sunday Shig. And it is also the same date as last year.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

olive or green wiggle tail...what kinda leaders do most use there?

Default Directions....

Lee,.... Forget where you would be coming from but you need to get to Hwy 99, south from Sacramento. Exit at Twin Cities Road and turn east. Follow Twin Cities Road until you come to the Rancho Seco Park entrance road on the south side. If it's not foggy, you'll be able to see the cooling towers from Hwy 99. They're your landmark.

Good luck everyone....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I didn't participate last year, but if you guys will have me I'd love to jump in! I will most likely be fishing the olive Slumpbuster that I tied for the lake swap earlier in the year. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Marked the calendar and I will see if I can come to the event this year. Not sure what fly I will use, but thinking of a dragon bugger. Might use my boat instead of my pontoon also. Hope to see eveyone on the lake. Bill

Thumbs up Slump Buster....

Wooly,.... That's a very good looking fly. Is it intended for slow or moving water Looks like it might be good on the Truckee....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Thanks Darian.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    Wooly,.... That's a very good looking fly. Is it intended for slow or moving water Looks like it might be good on the Truckee....
    Thanks Darian...

I've had success with the Slumpbuster just about everywhere. It has worked in small Sierra lakes, bigger valley reservoirs, large rivers and small streams. I like it because its a very easy fly to tie and a very durable fly to fish. Also it gives the fish something to look at other than a wooly bugger (which they have probably already seen a time or two) and I absolutely LOVE the way the pine squirrel moves in the water.

I haven't tried it on the Truckee, but I would imagine that the olive or maybe a burnt orange would get some interest up there?

The fly was originally developed by John Barr (of Copper John fame). There is a wonderful tutorial with step by step directions on Charlie Cravens website, www.charliesflybox.com. Check it out here:

http://www.charliesflyboxinc.com/fly...fm?parentID=37

-Ben

Well, if I can make it, I might give it a go with my Jurassic Sculpin pattern. It also incorporates pine squirrel and has just enough flash given off by the Jay Fair Short Shuck to attract some attention.

I'm curious to see what Ed "Wahl" Smith's fly looks like . . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.