Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rancho Seco 1 fly 1 fish tourney

Default Rancho Seco 1 fly 1 fish tourney

On December 13th the Sunday, I will be hosting my 1 fly 1 fish tournament. The rules are simple, the biggest fish caught on 1 fly by length. You can have multiple of the same flies but the fly must be the exact same size, material, everything. No differences what so ever. You can only fish with the one fly, if you use a different type of fly and then switch back that is not allowed. There is no cost and the winner gets to hold on to the trophy til next year. Previous years winner is not allowed to win, therefore I can not win again. The size of the fish will be by length, you can catch and release or keep the fish if you want. This is an honest fisherman's event so please no one taint it by enlarging your catch size. Start fishing when you want on Sunday but bring measurements to be by 1:00. Anyone is can enter, the more the merrier.

I hope to see people there, it will be a zoo but that makes it more fun.

Fish on!
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Thats mighty gratious of you Scott......BUT if you can win this 1 fly derby again i have no problem with your name going on the trophy.... can i speak for the rest of the people in the 1 fly derby?......see you on the water with my black wiggle tail size 10

I gotta admit. as far as zoos go, it is pretty fun.

I'm in, I'll be in the 'Pearl.

I'd like to take on Gene's Wiggle Tail again, but I'm kind of a convert now myself. Those 2457's don't seem to drop anywhere near as many fish as the longer bodied 'bugger hooks do.
    I know I could just tie my 'buggers shorter, but that would just leave me with, well, a wiggle tail.

Watch out for an odd color combination.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Hey Ed your going in the right direction with your fly....but have you looked at a tmc 2499 sp-bl its a straight eye 2x heavy, 3x wide, 2x short, barbless.....i have never sprung one of these hooks.....with 8lbs tippet i can put the hurt on those big fish when i'm fishing in the weeds....looking forward to seeing you on the water with your fly.....here's and ideal maybe we should post a picture of the fly we will used.

im really considering getting in on this....never fished seco tho so ill have to prefish it and see how it goes

Prefishing at Seco is a waste of time unless they just planted. Just bring an intermediate line and you will do just fine LS. Last year I caught a 6 pound rainbow and they plant up to 9 pound for the derby.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

ill be there but i have no idea what fly i will be using

How do I get there?
    ....lee s.

Practice!

_SHig

p.s. http://tinyurl.com/y8zxqmh

BTW, not sure which day I'll be fishing, but most likely Saturday. I'll play anyway though. Probably a burnt orange bugger or wiggle tail.

_SHig