Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Boater Etiquette

GreggH your good! That was you then, I was in the white North River. I saw you headed up slough so I thought I could drop in and follow you around the corner but I guess you turned and came back around. I normally wouldn't have stopped at a spot if someone had just fished it but everytime I came by that spot for the last three days someone was in it. I just wanted to see what the fasination was. Now I know. Glad you got the 4/5 lb there. Three days and my biggest was 5lb. I think this is the worst year ever for bigger fish. Anyway I think that was a good example of what happens out there all the time. My thoughts were when we were heading towards each other that I would yield if you got close since you were there first and getting into some fish. When you turned I wasn't sure you were going to hover there so I left. Just curious for the sake of this discussion what your thoughts were as I was approaching you?.

Anyway nice to put a name to the boat.
    Doublehaulin' for Stripers

Seems like almost all threads that go over 2 to 3 page turn bad.

If you don't like to fish around other people then don't go to those places.

I think there are two kinds of people:

1) those who like people in general.

2) those who don't like people in general.

When I am fishing I will walk or drift in my boat over to people, no matter what they are doing, and say "Hello. Hows it going?" This is just common courtesy.

I use to work in a bait-n-tackle shop where we got all types of people. Most of them were very nice if you just treated them right.

Whether you are in a boat or driving a car, there are people who are very critical of how others drive. You can see them waving their arms and yelling. I like to slow down and wave at them like I think i know them. It really pisses them off.

If you don't like people, just stay away from them. You won't be abused and they won't be abused.

I think if you find yourself very critical of others then you might be the kind of person who should be living out in cabin in the woods, far from those "stupid other people".

My new policy is that every thread that goes over 2 to 3 pages will probably be deleted.

I am also thinking of just doing away totally with the 'Steelhead/Salmon' category because it is just too volatile. Nobody wants any info about Steelhead fishing on there anyway.

We will be eliminating some members too that have continually caused "problems" here.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill, actually, I thought this thread was pretty well-behaved and civil . . . even with the one rhetorical reference to throwing swimbaits at peoples' heads.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

DH asked me to respond to our incounter the other day on the water, we didnt know each other till now. I have sent him a PM to explain my move but will share here as well. We both came together on a rock wall but were blinded by a corner that I rounded. We both fished towards each other and all I could think of was this thread that I had read days earlyer. But I have to say with all due respect to DH I believed I was in the right away because of the current/tide flow. I was go'n down hill. When we got with'n the 100 yard red zone my partner and I both hooked up then I swung my bow into the current and pinned the boat.
    The more people I meet, the more I love my dog.

Team Stinky Duck