Thread: Trinity Water Flow Increase?

Default Trinity Water Flow Increase?

Last Friday, about 2pm as I was making my way home, I noticed the water changed from gin clear to turbid. I stopped at Pigeon Pt to see the water level had increased.

At JC, the water was gin clear and there was no evidence it had risen at all. When I arrived home, I went online to see the increase (150 CFS) charted, but it didn't come from the N. Fork. I don't see any info it came from Lewiston. So where did the increased water flow come from? Did I miss something
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Lately we have had some real flashy storms that produce large amounts of local rainfall in very limited areas here in the north state. There are numerous smaller streams that flow into the T between pigeon and JC. (Canyon Creek and the N. fork of the T come to mind) If a significant precip event occured in one of those smaller watersheds it would be enough to bring the T up a little and certainly turn it off color.
    Last edited by huntindog; 11-10-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Canyon creek blew out friday morning and by friday afternoon the river fished great. A boat was sunk on saturday just below lime piont there is a nasty spot there this year so be careful. best to walk your boat through there this year.

Be careful and fish on!
    S.

Makes sense... thanks.
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.