Thread: Dillons Beach??

Default Dillons Beach??

I will be there this weekend and was wondering what my options would be from the surf.

thanks

Thumbs up Dillon's

Got a clamming fork/shovel or a crab net Great activity for that area.... Hope you have fun.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Things to do near Dillon Beach

Clamming is good in bunch of nearby beaches. Hearts Desire out of Inverness is a good one. Surf fishing at Salmon Creek beach can be good but I don't know what you could get this time of year. Maybe surf perch? Steelhead might start showing in the Russian this weekend if we get rain but everything is closed due to low flow closures enforced by DFG. Always call ahead. Bummer- a month later and you could maybe have had 3-4 Steelhead options nearby. Still a pretty fun place.
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity

But I know none, and therefore am no beast

-William Shakespeare

Hi Guppy,

Dillon's has a nice big long beach that definitely holds surf perch. I would just walk the whole thing, starting at "sand point" at the south end of the beach all the way up to the rocks at the north end of the beach. Try to figure out the current edges and troughs close to shore where the perch are feeding. Keep moving and trying new spots until you find them.

The other thing you can try is fishing south of the pier at Lawsons landing up into Tomales Bay. The south end of the trailer park turns into an open RV area called the "sea wall". At low tide walk out past the south end of the sea wall onto the mud flats of the bay. Work the channels and along the eel grass beds exposed by the low tide. Find the deeper water edges/channels. Here I have caught Walleye perch and Jacksmelt. I used to just use something like a size #8 shad fly or Crazy Charlie type fly. Bead chain eyes and a little flash will get bit. Be careful out there and hope you find some fish! Matt.