Thread: Disco Bay

Default Disco Bay

Fished Disco Bay on Saturday with a new buddy and had the best day of stripers for me. The biggest one went about 3 or so pounds, but if you knew of my previous adventures with stripers you would claim the day as a major victory. Probably caught 30 or so with some nice lmb's thrown in to the mix. Alot of the fish were smaller, but the the thing I noticed the most was how strong they all seemed to be. The weather was perfect, the company was great and we only fished for about 5 or so hours. We fished the incoming tide til we could not see anymore.

Typical fish

Darkness falls
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Thumbs up

Nice .

They DO seem to be pullers this season - I had one on a waking 'Clone that , if I'd have dropped it .... would swear that it was 4+ Lbs . It went 15 inches .

David

Glad to see you got the monkey off your back and had a good day of stripers, you definately earned it. See you this Saturday.

Nice Scotty.

What flies?

How's Disco for a smallish watercraft. Any life threatening situations like on the rest of the Delta?

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Size 2 clousers in grey and white, and it is a great place for our size crafts. The tough part is launching, I was told if you are not a local it is either 10 or 20 dollars. The guy I went with had his boat parked at his dock, boy what I would give to have a dock at the back of my house with some of the best fishing right there. When we started we went 20 feet from his dock and got into fish immediately. The whole area is 5 m.p.h. and I can show you some good spots. I am hoping to go there again on the 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Gonzales View Post
    Glad to see you got the monkey off your back and had a good day of stripers, you definately earned it. See you this Saturday.
    Monkey gone, just need to get the big ones now. The 3 pounders put up a descent fight for their size though.

Yay Scotty! Aren't they AWESOME???? And, they ARE fiesty this year, even the juveniles. It's amazing!
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

"Fiesty" this year, IMO, has a lot to do with the abundance of bait in the delta this fall.

We've been fishing in a deminished and unhealthy ecosystem for so long we've all forgotten that this is how the fish are supposed to behave! <grin>

Default way to go

Good job Scotty
    glad to See you got a good bend in your rod......
    you have had the worst luck Striper fishing I hope most of that is gone!!!!!!
    Now you have to start throwing top water for them and really become a "Striper Snob"

I saw Ed at the shop yesterday and he was picking out an 8" fly
    that fly is bigger than most of the trout he catches
    Paul....
    Tight lines to all
    And, to all a good Fight!!!!!