Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Public Access GONE on the Lower Yuba

Nigthgoat, I have been hearing about this project for over a year now and when I heard that YOA started to get involved that is when I got involved. I guide out of Nevada City Anglers and I have been harrased by Randy's group of thugs he called security. When I went to this meeting I asked questions regarding SYRCL's plan on protecting there project and that is when Jason Rainey's side kick let it slip that they plan on putting up the fence. And like I said in my last post I know the lawyer that is representing YOA and he told me about YOA's involvement. Bob is absolutly correct about Randy wanting to control the river from Englebright down to Daggure. Look you guys I was promissed to get access but that is not good enough for me that river belongs to every one, not Randy Jarvis.

Hey Tom,

Don't get me wrong, I agree 100% with all you are saying. I'm just trying to put a name to the project as I can't really find anything by searching SYRCL and Western Aggregates. I did find info on the HEA projects here: http://www.sac-basin-hea.com/default.aspx . Specifically I'm thinking that it might be this
    http://www.sac-basin-hea.com/Complet...oodplain-2.pdf

If this IS the project then we have more agencies to contact to make our concerns known. Some sort of public access to launch boats should absolutely be required!

Joe

abcdefghijklmnop
    Last edited by Hogan Brown; 02-21-2011 at 11:19 AM.

<<<adequate public access is no boat launch, a fence, and 6 parking places all managed by Jarvis >>>
    Those plans are completely unacceptable to me. Any association with YOA is unacceptable to me. I noticed in the HEA description (apparently that's where the money is coming from) that "there is currently no public opposition to this project". That needs to change!!!!

So were does Cal Trout and TU stand on this? I don't understand how this would be legal, but I don't think I understand the full cast of characters.
    Often wrong, seldom in doubt!

Default Knee jerk hysteria. Nobody is taking the Yuba!

Western Aggregates (WA) owns Park’s Bar. Prescriptive easements don’t extend into flood plains so the fact we’ve been ignoring their no trespassing signs and launching our boats for the past 25 years doesn’t mean we turned this into public property.

The parent company of Western has been sued repeatedly for injuries and a death resulting from ATV and dirt bike accidents on their properties across 6 western states. Following these suits, the parent corporation has asked all of their quarries to exclude motor vehicles to prevent them from being “attractive nuisances” to the ATV crowd.

Where needed, a single strand, knee high cable will be strung and Randall Jarvis has been contracted to build and maintain the cable (he has a fencing business). Tentatively, there will be two “official” parking accesses with gates so that people can drag or cart their rafts, kayaks or pontoon boats to the river. Motorists are free to pull over anywhere they like off the frontage road and simply step over the cable to access the river. There is no fee or limit to the number of river users.

A public access, fee-based boat launching facility will be provided. YOA will manage the boat ramp, but other than the launch facility and cable maintenance they will have nothing what-so-ever to do with the rest of the property. The headline that “public access is GONE ”, or that “YOA is taking over” the river is nothing but inflammatory hysteria.

WA is turning 180 acres (over 2 miles) of riverfront habitat into a permanent conservation easement, freely accessible to the non-motorized public. In addition they are donating $50,000.00 of matching funds toward salmon, steelhead and trout habitat development on the property. SYRCL is already three years into a lower river management plan and has matched WA’s $50,000.00 challenge.

As SYRCL noted in their press release, they will NOT condone infringement of private property rights, NOR will they allow infringement of public property rights. It was SYRCL who legally challenged YOA and had them back off on angler confrontation (where were the trout groups?). Because of SYRCL, the aggressive natures of some of YOA versus angler encounters are largely long past history.

That the very anglers who will benefit from WA and SYRCL’s actions have turned this incredible gift against them defies logic. Having to pay to launch a boat on private property is no different than the current system of having to pay to take out a boat on private property at Daguerre or Sycamore Ranch. The benefits of the project outweigh the cost of a boat launch fee by a billion to one.

If the rights of private property ownership don’t jive with your political views, perhaps the best course would be to take it up with the State and have them build a tax-funded public ramp at the Cal Trans easement under the hwy 20 bridge.

you sound like you know a lot about the details. Care to give us your real name?

Thumbs up Access....

Thanks for the clarification. Good post.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Buying 4 license from now on via Clarkston, WA

Thankyou for the post.

me
    Not unless round's funny!?!

Will the boat ramp be up stream or down stream from the bridge, and will there be a limited number permitted per day?