Thread: Into the backing!

Default Into the backing!

Fished the delta today, Thursday, 10-22-09, started early! Caught a "dink" on Shad crease fly in Big Break at 0700. Went to the opening of Big Break, birds diving, caught more dinks! It was fun but we were looking for bigger fish. Went to False River, Fisherman's Cut, hardly any action at all. Later, fished a big opening from Frank's Tract flowing into False River and finally hooked a good one! Took me into my backing, really was a fighter! Thanked him for the visit and put him back to fight again. My sinking line sinks 6ips, counted 28 to get it down 14 feet and that's where it got eaten! Used clousers, chartreuse over white for the big one. Tied these up over the past few days and used a lot of silver flash, more than I normally do. Caught most on the "dinks" on olive over chartreuse! Sometimes a darker fly works better than the "old stand by". Water clarity was good, had no follows, lots of grass! Metered fish but no takers. Lots of boats on the water today, water temp was 62 degrees. Didn't catch one LMB, usually catch quite a few. Get out there and do it!

Tight lines,

Norm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	856  

Great report Norm! Sounds like you had a great time, good for you!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.