Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AR w/pics

Default AR w/pics

My brother and I hit the river this evening. Got there kind of late but he hooked this fish in under 3 minutes into fishing. Not the biggest but it sure was shiny and wild.

I also went out yesterday and was lucky enough to get this fish to hand. Hatchery fish around 17" put back after some quick photos.

I didn't catch anything but small squaws. Didn't really see any fish working at all either but it seems that it's the norm the last few years.
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Nice fish, but I especially like the duck calls.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    -A. Einstein.

Default nice

did that fish come in to the feeding chuckles or was it the hail calls that did him in.

I don't have a duck call but I have a turkey call made from the bone of a turkey, will that work just as good?
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I didn't even notice the duck calls..................pretty cool.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

What kind of skull is that second fish up next to?

Hmm...

_SHig

Ha ha, the duck calls.... My bro is a true redneck.... the AR ducks love him too btw. Last year I felt bad because he called this duck into the parking lot and it sat in the middle of the road holding people up for a little bit while it was trying to figure out where the other "duck" was.

Shig, no skull there, that was just some dried up algae/moss mat on the bank, but looking at it, it does look like an animal skull. Did see a nice 3X3 last night too (still yet to see his two bigger brothers that we've seen in the years past), lots of quail as well, and a family of otters drifted by.

grgoding@yahoo.com

The AR is great practice for duck calling, and last night was very interesting. Already saw some migrators, and the birds were very vocal last night. Was nice to get a good steelie to hand as well, and another smaller one about 10 inches, which is more common for me haha. My only concern right now is the water temp, I bet the water was around 23 C yesterday when we got there, and that fish tired fast after one really strong pull. The adult fish will probably be ok, but the smolts usually take the brunt of warmer temps. Hopefully things cool down a bit and seems like it'll be a good run this year.

On a side not bro, what makes you think that fish you caught was a ''hatchery fish"? Unless thats part of the rock I think I can see the adipose fin.
    Last edited by Kevin Goding; 09-28-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Nah, he was clipped for sure. You should tell everyone what kind of duck calls those are.

grgoding@yahoo.com

Nah, I won't post what brands they are here. If people want to know what kind they are, they can PM me. If it's clipped though, isn't it completely gone? In the pic it looks like it's there to me.