Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One for Granny

Default One for Granny

As a child, whenever I would go visit my Grandmother in So Cal she would take me fishing. Usually it was a pay to play type thing but I wasnt old enough to know the difference and didnt really care because we were catching 8lb trout that she would later serve up with some fried okra and some fixins.
    Well I havent been fishing much the past two weeks because shes in the hospital and all we can do at this point is make sure shes comfortable. So this morning before going to the hospital I made a trip to the river to catch a steelie in her honor.

This ones for you Granny!

Bice fish, was it caught up here? Or in So-Cal?
    If he had it his way nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching it

Thumbs up Granny

Charlie,.... Sounds like you're grandmothers illness is serious. My thoughts go out to her, you and your family....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Unhappy

Sorry to hear Gran's ill .

David

Nice fish Charlie...sorry to hear your Granny is ill. Good luck, buddy.

-Mike

Charlie, our prayers go out to your grandmother. It is nice to remember those that were an influence from the early days of fishing.

Thanks Guys. This fish was unusual for the American, I hooked it in fairly fast water and it just sat on the bottom, bulldoggin me. It wasnt until I got below him and putting a lot of side pressure before it took off; I actualy took a bit of a fall while chasing it down. After measuring my rod, it would go about 17 1/2". Not bad for a hatchery buck.
    Heres the fly..
    Last edited by Charlie Gonzales; 09-22-2009 at 08:46 PM.

Got the call this morning that Granny passed. This isnt the biggest steelie I have caught but definately the most special one. Granny will always be with me on the water.

I'm sorry to hear that Charlie! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family!

Charlie,
    Sorry to hear about your grandmother. The time you spend on the water is a nice connection to your memories of her. My prayers are with you and your family.
    Kurt