Thread: is the trinity fishing yet?

Default is the trinity fishing yet?

im planning on heading to the trinity monday night, sleeping in the car and floating it on tuesday. is it fishing well yet?

what should i use?

any help would be appreciated!!

thanks

ls

I'd recommend something with a hatchback or at least a fold down back seat so you have room to stretch your legs out.
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Was out there a couple days last week on the upper section--saw only a couple of other fishermen (except down below the dam at dusk) and the fly water is now closed--Herb at the TFS said a few fish had pushed through, but that the run was going to start a little later this year--there are some fish being caught in the lower section, particularly in the early morning/sun off the water time frame. I didn't get any big fish grabs, but it was fun to be out there in shirt sleeves without the crowds. Have fun
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    -A. Einstein.

fished the T on sunday. got up at 2am and started at the klamath at witchipec. fished for 3 hours there, skating. then hit hoopa, del loma, dutch creek and sky ranch. no fish, no takes, no grabs, no blow ups, no takedowns. by del loma i was nymphing. nada. good luck.
    Capt. Darrin Deel
    www.acflyfishing.com

Too early for the Trinity. Your better bet is the Klamath.