Thread: ACR (Gary Anderson) 1265 EPS Spey Rod

Default ACR (Gary Anderson) 1265 EPS Spey Rod

From Gary's website:

Anderson Custom Rods continues to build an extensive line of fly rods on my own blanks. Choose either the fast action LS–Line Speed or the smooth casting, progressive action EPS–Effortless Power Series.

Both models feature extra high modulus graphite resulting in a small diameter, thick walled shaft, that is not only beautiful but durable as well. These rods may well become family heirlooms, but only after they catch many fish for you!

ACR blanks are so strong and durable that I feature a no-fault warranty. If it breaks, for any reason, I’ll repair a tip or mid-section for $50, and a butt section for $75, plus return shipping.

The most popular category of Spey Rods is the Summer Steelhead/All Round. These rods handle spey lines in 5, 6 and 7-weight sizes. If you are looking to give speycasting a try, choose one of these.

---End of website info---

My opinion is this rod is ideal for Northern California light/low water steelhead, half-pounders & shad. Includes a matching CND Gravity Point Spey Line (WF5 floating line, new $110). The line is designed with a 20' looped tip that you can quickly and easily remove from the main line and attach a 15' Type 3 or Type 6 sink tip. This setup is very versitile! One line, one rod and you can skate surface flies or get down with a sink tip. Unless you're fishing big winter water, you'll use this rod 99% of the time casting Mykiss in Northern California.

Gary's 5 wt rods start at $650. Rod and line, both in fine shape ready to fish, $350 for both or $300 if you want the rod only.
    Last edited by WinterrunRon; 10-01-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: additional info
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Default 1265 acr

is it still available

I thought it was sold but payment is slow in coming. I'll give it a couple of more days and then confirm intentions if the check doesn't arrive.

See the last couple reports by Langenbeck in the steelhead forum for a pic. Gordon's rod has the exact same rod styling.

Thanks for asking, Ron.
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.