Thread: Striped Bass - Catch & Release

Thumbs up Striped Bass - Catch & Release

Last edited by Mrs.Finsallaround; 09-08-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

dead link....
    Capt. Darrin Deel
    www.acflyfishing.com

Default The link has been revived like a big striper

That's REALLY COOL!!!

Is it current and being widely disseminated??

If so, I must say I am shocked in light of the recent political pressure to de-list them as game fish.

I wonder if they allocated 'Delta Enhancement' sticker fees towards funding this much-needed POSITIVE propaganda?

Regardless, I'm glad to see it~

Mark

Darian...................it worked fine for me?

Can't believe the CA DF&G is promoting Catch-N-Release for Stripers???????????
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene View Post
    Darian...................it worked fine for me?
    I fixed the link after Darrin posted that it didn't work....
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Thumbs up Striper C & R

Thanks Robin,.... Interesting/beneficial info. Happy to see it on DFG's website.

Regardless, this type of info appearing on DFG's website is indicative of the schizophrenic(?) operations built into DFG. Conflicting goals/objectives. The right hand not knowing what the left is doing (or caring). Parts of DFG actively working to undue what another is attempting to accomplish. Administrators driven by the political values of the elected masters. Ever changing priorities.

DFG's staff are like everyone else. Differing opinions of how to save the environment.... Each believing their ideas are the best and adamantly opposed to the others point of view. There are people in all organizations that will actively seek to sabotage the efforts of their programs if their beliefs are strong enough (passive/aggressive personalities). Add to all of this, a lack of adequate funding for any program activities and you can see that DFG is doomed to mediocrity....

A very sad commentary on the lack of interest in the voting public. I forget who said it first but paraphrasing, we get the government we deserve.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Like any state organization, the real science tends to get screwed up once politics are involved.

On a side note, I tend to be rather happy with the conservative stance the Fish and Game has taken towards the really impacted fisheries and game animals. I'd rather hear people complain about no harvest/loss of work than watch us fish/hunt things into oblivion.

Default It wasn't really DFG...

Look at the center bottom of the front page. The flyer was printed using Stamp Funds, not regular DFG funding. The Bay/Delta Enhancement Stamp Committee designed the flyer, a colaborative effort with help from the endorsing organizations, CSPA, NCCFFF, CSBA.

The committee, headed by Jim Crenshaw, President of CSPA pushed the funding through. However, if the flyer is still being distributed it's probably from an old printing. I don't think the committee has been able to shake any money loose from the DFG fiscal unit in the last two years.
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com