Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: huge steelhead caught near sac.

that is a 12 lb fish..and chrome? Really? If there were a 22 lb steely landed the guide would have taken 50 pics of it and good measurments. Guides do this all the time, grossly overestimate the size of a fish. Clients don't know any better and they start blabbing about huge fish...it is marketing. I used to work on the docks for DFG measuring/weighing salmon. I would weigh a couple hundred fish a day. I got to where I could get within an oz and not even throw the fish on the scale. It is amazing how many "50 lb kings" i saw hit the dock that turned into 25 lb kings. Last year i helped a guide and his client land a 8 lb steely on the Trinity...guide told the client over and over again it was a 15 lber...just had to laugh. This fish is not 22 lbs and i question where it came from (isn't that rain gear the person is wearing) all that cold drizzly rain we have had in the sac valley lately. ....got any fuzzy pics of big foot to go with it?
    Last edited by huntindog; 09-08-2009 at 06:13 AM.

Sorry but that fish is not 22lbs.Also the rain gear makes me think that it wasn't caught in the valley.It is a nice hatchery buck though.

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

Nice steelhead!!! Its a touchy subject when giving a weight and size to a steelhead thats almost unbelievable. Its good practice to just post the photo of a "nice fish" and let the viewers make up their own mind and I gaurantee theyll be impressed. A prelude of grandure is a settup for disapointment.

I dont quite understand the picture. It almost looks like a photo of a photo. Im not sure why the border is scribbled.

Default Time of year

I'm sure that fish in the photo was at some time " in our system". But what time of year? Is that rain gear or a heavy jacket being worn in the photo? Looks alittle out of place for this time of year.
    Talk about some some controversy, why blur out the rest of the photo?
    I would be proud to post a real photo on my original post to back it up. This would have put it to rest on the get go.

If I knew this much controversy was gonna get generated, I would have put a post about the 8lb bluegill I caught on my snoopy fishing pole when I was
    a seasoned fishermen at the age of 6.

According to my wife, " your all a bunch of lieing fishermen"

Now that I'm done poking some fun.
    Hope its true!
    Nice Fish! Whoever caught it, Whenever it was caught, Wherever it was caught.

Rockman
    Last edited by Rockman; 09-08-2009 at 07:49 AM.

Bigfoot got wiped out in the background.... Looks like a nice fish to me. Little Striper, define "our system" a little bit.... if you mean somewhere in Cali ok, but if you mean one of our Local Rivers then it's hard to believe.... and who would be tossing a big egg pattern (looks like one anyway) right now with no spawning salmon in the system....... (but I could be wrong on this too).
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

And now the photo is taken down??

Talking

ahhh c'mon lil striper. Dont be like that. You are one of the long timers here and we enjoy your participation. Heck, I lie about fish all the time! Im a dad gum fisherman!

Im not saying that your lying, but this sport is full of em

come back and play

Quit teasing me and show me a fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Revel View Post
    Quit teasing me and show me a fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can only speak for myself but I would prefer to see a picture of the 8 lb bluegill that was mentioned.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

well i appreciate all the comments. i should have known better than to put something like this on the steelhead forum of all places haha. whatever. if i come back with a picture of me holding a fish like that maybe it will change some minds. hell. i could even call bill and see if he wanted to come take a look at it in the water.....