Thread: 9/1 Outing with David Lee

Default 9/1 Outing with David Lee

David and I hit the "A" for a quick evening outting. 1 fish to hand and some good fun. It's been a few years since we've been out since life seems to get busy but I'm glad we made it out.

Fishing partners like David are hard to come by. Always learn something when we go out.
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Thumbs up

That was screamin' fun !!

A few details ........

River level down a foot since Sunday (made for a nice wade ....) , Caddis coming off hard , one Stripe to JEFF'S hand (Jeff called it 16+ , I tried and failed to land it for him and saw it was closer to 23 inches) on a 5 inch Rainbow-airhead-thingie .

Life does get in the way sometimes . It had been several years since we hit the A. and it is remarkable how far Jeff's skill level has come along - wading , casting , strippin' ..... He covered the water EXACTLY the way is should be covered !

A beautiful evening -

David

It was great fun David and what can I say... had a good teacher. One funny thing last night was when I was closing up my fly box by the bank it looked like a few flies dropped out.... I was like oh #$%# but it was actually a couple real caddis that had flown in and jumped out and onto the water when I was closing it up...haha.

I figured that fish was using the current but thinking back I shoul'dve known it was bigger since it took some effort to get it in. I just liked how it kept rolling on you and wouldn't open his mouth.... stubborn little guy til the end.
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com