Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American River Vehicle Access closures

Default American River Vehicle Access closures

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

More like.... a bunch of freakin idiots.

This closing of fishing accesses has been going on for years now.

They have no budget left to take care of these areas.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Question River Access....

That should make some guides very happy (NOT!!!!!). Wonder how many pedestrian users will carry out their trash

I'm sure that others besides me buy annual parking permits for access points along the river and the price has gone up (not too much) consistently each year. I don't even use the access points often.... Wondering why we should buy annual permits, now....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Need to save money somewhere, they have to pay for all the new state employees they are hiring in 09. Our state and federal govts. have no doubt lost their minds or is it something else.

http://www.dailytitan.com/2009/08/st...-in-past-year/

Sad to see em go but some of those barely qualified as access points anyway. It was pretty much park on the street and walk in so not much will change.
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dabalone View Post
    Need to save money somewhere, they have to pay for all the new state employees they are hiring in 09. Our state and federal govts. have no doubt lost their minds or is it something else.

http://www.dailytitan.com/2009/08/st...-in-past-year/
    Maybe people will start getting out and voting for services that they want cut so the state can "smartly" eliminate people in those areas rather than doing blanket layoffs. You have to be carefull what you read in the Bee. The state is out of control with the amount of useless services they provide. A large problem is people don't want to pay more taxes, and they don't want to loose services. It's one or the other.

FYI - I was hired in February to help with the surveying for the San Joaquin River restoration project which is partially funded by the federal government. But the Bee doesn't write that in their report.

The government is like one of those tragic comedies.... It's sad the way it operates to almost a comical level and we have to deal with it.... Lets cut costs and furlough employees then hire more people because we can't get the work done........
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

If they reduce services can we reduce the sales tax we pay?

Default Keep out!

None of the accesses listed are under 'State' jurisdiction... as each is managed by Sacramento County Park District.

Annual Pass prices went up $5.00 this year and for that I have been:

A) hurried out of the parkway multiple times by rangers ambitious to lock up and go home early to watch teevee

B) locked into a park (which wasn't scheduled to close for another 45 minutes)

C) locked out of a park access until 0600 (gates supposed to open at 0530).

D) broken into twice and reported to said rangers who were far less ambitious than in section A above...

F#@&) and now, at least 2 accesses I use are closing

The AR parkway is set up to serve the people who pay the least to support it and who trash it the most. We anglers 'don't get no respect' IMO.

You put up your signs to keep me out and to keep mother nature in. If God was here she'd tell it to your face, Man you're some kinda' sinner!

M