Thread: Bonefish Trip: Beyond the Blue on South Caicos Island (April 2010)

Default Bonefish Trip: Beyond the Blue on South Caicos Island (April 2010)

Hello Travelers,

Angling On The Fly is excited to announce that we have established an April 2010 trip to remote South Caicos Island for Bonefish. This destination fishery is very "under-the-radar" and has some of the world's finest bonefishing. Some have likened it to a Zane Grey destination... very remote and untapped. This fishing is all classic wade fishing for bonefish on white sand flats. The outfitter, Beyond the Blue, has solved the problem of reaching the interior of these extensive flats... they utilize air boats that can run in inches of water, or even wet, exposed sand. This allows them to place anglers in prime areas that would take precious fishing time away to reach on foot. And to add, there currently is no other outfitter/lodge operating in this area.

Next, the lodging is an apartment-like setup with a full service staff and cook. The rooms are setup as double occupancy (w/ private bath) and the boat dock is right in front of the complex. This is a full package program that includes all meals/beverages, ground transportation, fishing licenses, and guide/boat.

Here are the details for this trip:

Beyond the Blue Charters (South Caicos Island)
    April 18 - 24, 2010 (6 nights / 5 days fishing)
    Host: Keith Kaneko
    Max Number of Anglers: 6 + host
    Includes 6 nights lodging; 5 days fishing; 3 meals per day; non-alcoholic bevs; fishing license; and ground transportation between South Caicos airport and accommodations
    Rate: $3,490 USD per angler (double occupancy)
    Airfare Estimate: about $700 to $900 R/T from Sac (or SFO) to Providenciales (PLS); and about $112 R/T from PLS to South Caicos

Here is the general itinerary for the trip:
    April 17: PM departure from Sacramento or SFO (overnight flight) for Providenciales (PLS), Turks and Caicos Island; arrive in the late morning or early afternoon on April 18th
    April 18: Arrive PLS and depart for South Caicos at 3:35PM flight (Air Turks and Caicos Charter)
    April 19 - 23: Fishing days at South Caicos (Beyond the Blue Charters)
    April 24: Depart South Caicos on 8:45AM flight to PLS; fly from PLS back to Sacramento or SFO

If you would like to join us on this trip, please contact me at (916) 539-3474 or email at Keith@AnglingOnTheFly.com

Jim with a nice trophy Bonefish

Flats are accessed by air boat... an excellent strategy for reaching interior flats

Your accommodations while staying at South Caicos

Simple, but clean and comfortable accommodations...

Rooms with a view...

All classic wade fishing for Bonefish on white sand flats

Interior flats reached by air boat...

Beautiful flats with awesome Bonefish...
    Last edited by Keith Kaneko; 08-27-2009 at 08:03 AM.
    Angling On The Fly Travel
    (916) 539-3474
    www.AnglingOnTheFly.com

Default Location

Hey Keith,

Where's South Caicos?

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Fujii View Post
    Hey Keith,

Where's South Caicos?

Jerry
    Just below North Caicos.

sorry, I had to say it.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Default South Caicos Location...

Hi Jerry,

South Caicos is at the southernmost end of the Bahamas, east of the Inagua Islands, and part of the Turks and Caicos Island chain. Here is a map denoting the locale of South Caicos:

Angling On The Fly Travel
    (916) 539-3474
    www.AnglingOnTheFly.com

This is a newly found unbelievable Bonefish destination that we learned about from our good friend and veteran Florida guide Captain Frank Catino.

According to those who have gone there it is the best Bonefish ever discovered by man and is 100% wading. The average size of the fish is larger than most anywhere you can fish today plus there are just more fish here.

Keith Kaneko of Angling on the fly is one of the limited travel service to be able to work with this fine operation, "Beyond the Blue", on remote South Caicos Island.

Get your deposit in soon as this is the "real deal" when it come to all wading for large Bonefish on light colored sand bottoms.

Located just below Florida and to the east of Cuba it is also a convenient place to get to.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I visted turks and caicos in march of 2008. It was an INCREDIBLE experience. I stayed at beaches resort, the trip was not planned to be a fishing trip. Needless to say i spent 3 days taking taxis into town and wading flats for hours. I got one cast in 3 days. On the last day, I broke down and hired a guide. the trip was a half day trip and it was very, very pricy. the two of us got 4 bones up to 6 pounds in about 2.5 hours of fishing, at least 1.5 of the 4 hours was the guide running the skiff. the fishing was very good when we hired the guide, pretty weak when we were winging it. This is an amazing destination that I would recommend to any bonefish nut. Don't forget the 10wt rod with a wire leader for the abundant lemon sharks and Cudas.

the smallest of the four. The only one i have on the computer. sorry for the hero shot.
    Last edited by Darrin.Deel; 08-31-2009 at 10:58 AM.
    Capt. Darrin Deel
    www.acflyfishing.com