Thread: Wednesday Fun with Charlie G.

Default Wednesday Fun with Charlie G.

My brother and I had the pleasure to book a trip with Charlie Gonzales on Wednesday in search of some striper. We were hoping to hook up with some big fish but it wasn't meant to be although we had some good fish follow flies but not commit.

We did pick up some quality fish though and had some good laughs. Throwing big flies wore me out after about 10 minutes after not throwing my bigger rod all season and really not fishing much this year.....

Charlie's a great guy and we recommend anyone looking for some stripers and a good time to book a trip.

After my bro dropped the first fish of the day right before getting it to the boat (sorry, we never saw the fish either) I got the skunk off shortly after with this nice healthy fish...

Sorry Charlie, didn't even notice my bro doing that when I snapped the pic..... That fish hit hard....

The biggest fish of the day that had a much bigger buddy keep him company while he was hooked...... too bad we didn't get a shot at him but it was exciting nonetheless...

One of the coolest things to happen was Kevin missing a strike and then we see two fish just going bonkers and coming in at the fly as it got close to the boat and one of them finally took it about 10 feet out...
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Hey thanks Jeff. Had a great time with you both. Great pics(thanks Kev). I will always get a rush watching fish fight over the fly, its just too cool! I look forward to our next outing.

Default stripers win again

Charlie,

Looks like you kept the boys busy again. Kevin was whining a little about how his hands still hurt cause you made him cast hard all day. Why don't you put him in the center seat and do a little casting yourself, while he rests his arms?

Bg
    do it with a long rod and a gentle touch.