Thread: Top water LMB & Stripers in the Delta!!!!

Default Top water LMB & Stripers in the Delta!!!!

We went out yesterday in the Delta with Captain Kevin Doran for a mixed bag of LMB and Stripers, all on top water.

LMB was a little slow but later in the day I had my first experience with top water Stripers on a fly rod.

It was a little windy but KD found us a few smooth places to fish in the evening.

It is really exciting, explosive, so I see way it's catching on.

Kevin says you need low light level, low winds and fairly shallow water.

We use the new Rio Outbound Short Coldwater lines with Bubbleheads and Gugglers which both worked for us.

Kevin says the top water Striper is starting now but will get really good in September and October.

Kevin and Charlie Bisharat have really been working on this top water Striper deal which I think is something we could all be doing in the morning and evening in the right time of year.

**Umpqua and Charlie Bisharat are working hard on the production of his new top water Striper fly, the "Pole Dancer". We hope it will be out sooner than later.

Charlie Bisharat and other Sacramento based fly tossers are doing top water Stripers on the Lower American River too. This would be early and late in the day, all summer long.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks for the report Bill. Fishing with Kevin is an awesome experience. Hopefully, I can get out with him this fall...

fish top water on the Sac from July through September here is some pics from a few days ago with some buddies from WA.