Thread: Feather River in August?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hmmm...lowering the flows at this time of the year, that makes a whole lot of since as the salmon are just now coming up to spawn...... Well, at least they aren't dropping the flows in November after all the salmon made their reds like they did last year, couldn't begin to tell you how many reds were left high and dry last year, a real shame in deed. Not really sure what they were doing at engelbright this year, i don't recall ever seeing the river run at 2000 cfs for nearly an entire year straight, they didn't even divert more than 500 cfs below diguere for irrigating during the rice planting season. Ok, enough complaining.

As for fishing the Y, the evening caddis/pmd hatches are pretty much over, stick to fishing the riffles during late morning and early afternoon until the salmon show up. Swinging bright and early isn't a bad bet either.

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    As for fishing the Y, the evening caddis/pmd hatches are pretty much over, stick to fishing the riffles during late morning and early afternoon until the salmon show up. Swinging bright and early isn't a bad bet either.
    I boated 22 fish up to 21" with a clipped fin on sunday. If you could find fish, you could convince them to eat. Pretty much forget about throwing the dry fly.
    Capt. Darrin Deel
    www.acflyfishing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin.Deel View Post
    I boated 22 fish up to 21" with a clipped fin on sunday. If you could find fish, you could convince them to eat. Pretty much forget about throwing the dry fly.
    I am confused, you caught 22 fish, but 8 hours prior to that you said "You are going to work REALLY hard for the possibility of one fish". So were you speaking of different water?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just trying to figure out how you went from hard to catch one fish to catching 22 fish.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

He's talking about the lower yuba. Not the Feather.

Quote Originally Posted by CODY View Post
    He's talking about the lower yuba. Not the Feather.
    Thanks for the clarifacation. Let's all go fish.
    Capt. Darrin Deel
    www.acflyfishing.com

I understand now, thanks.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>