Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Chico area

I have been to CFS, John and Larry both are very knowledgable for the entire area and have given me plenty of advice on the rulings of bidwell creek and many other areas to fish! I am almost as excited to start school up there as i am for the fishing and all the ladies to chase once i get off the river!
    Last edited by bro_hair; 08-14-2009 at 10:36 PM.
    If fishing were easy everyone would do it!

Quote Originally Posted by bro_hair View Post
    I have been to CFS and am possibly going to be employed there providing they have a pot for me. John and Larry both are very knowledgable for the entire area and have given me plenty of advice on the rulings of bidwell creek and many other areas to fish! I am almost as excited to start school up there as i am for the fishing and all the ladies to chase once i get off the river!

you are doomed..., fishing, ladies will both leave you broke....Larry is a great guy to latch onto..I love the shop, been going there since the powell days. Look forward to meeting you...I tend to migrate that way once or twice a week.

Haha it seems to look that way, ladies and fishing are very important things I have a feeling once school starts I will be running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to keep up with the assignments. I plan on trying out Deer Creek this upcoming week just to get some decent dry fly action before school starts. Hopefully it wont be to hot!

Welcome to the area! You have Deer Creek, Yellow Creek, ect, etc....hell just go up the Skyway till it turns to dirt.......

Your'e gonna be busy.

Theres plenty of small streams if you go up the road past magalia, sterling city, And then inskip. After inskip it turns to dirt roads, Follow the dirt roads and theres quit a few streams up there. Nothin spectacular just average streams with average trout but hell someones gotta fish em. I'd get a forest service map of the area. Fork to the right will quickly have you on what i think is west branch butte creek. To lazy to get the map out. Decent hunting area as well.

Quote Originally Posted by troutbm View Post
    Theres plenty of small streams if you go up the road past magalia, sterling city, And then inskip. After inskip it turns to dirt roads, Follow the dirt roads and theres quit a few streams up there. Nothin spectacular just average streams with average trout but hell someones gotta fish em. I'd get a forest service map of the area. Fork to the right will quickly have you on what i think is west branch butte creek. To lazy to get the map out. Decent hunting area as well.
    A forest map is a good idea! I didnt think about that one, I tend to do things the hard way haha. I am greatful for all the info that everyone has provided! Sounds like this is definutely going to be a total blast discovering all the little streams and ladies hopefully i wont get to distracted from school! everything in moderation right? haha. Thanks again everyone!

Troutbm,

That's the west branch of the Feather River, and I have C&R two browns under the bridge that were right around 5 pounds. I grew up in Paradise and there is so much water to fish around there!

JB.
    "I fish, I write, I travel, and I'm hungry for more!"
    http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com/
    The premier fly fishing guide service for the northern sierra.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutstalker55B View Post
    Troutbm,

That's the west branch of the Feather River, and I have C&R two browns under the bridge that were right around 5 pounds. I grew up in Paradise and there is so much water to fish around there!

JB.
    Thnaks for clearing that up after I posted i started thinking it may be west branch feather.

Sounds like this is definutely going to be a total blast discovering all the little streams and ladies

Stay away from upper Bidwell Park........nuttin to see, nuttin to see.......