Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Chico area

Exclamation New to Chico area

Hello everyone!
    I am new to the Chico area (just moved in) and am looking for some good spots close to the area to fly fish and pick up something. Im ready to get into some awesome rainbows, steelhead, salmon and what ever else is out there! Any information on spots to go or little creeks in the area would be awesome! I am fairly knowledgable in fishing around the roseville and truckee/tahoe area! So lets exchange some tips! I am new to the message board so feel free to quiz me or provide any information. Anything would be awesome!

Go talk to the guys in the Chico Fly Shop off of 8th avenue or Sierra Mountain and stream off of 5th street next to Joe's Bar for the latest reports. Both shops are straight shooters and they wil point you in the right directions. August is tough fishing due to the heat but come late september and october it will pick back up. good luck

Welcome to town, stop in any of the shops and hit them up for info. I'm a bit biased towards SSM (maybe because I work there?). You have a lot of small streams close by, as well as the Sac, Feather, and Yuba to explore. Real steelhead are only a couple of hours away and you are close by to Almanor for the hex. Lots of fishing to explore plus a ton of other recreation as well. August is kind of a tough month with the heat. One more thing...get used to Keystone...

I would check out Fish First in Chico, Go talk to Mac. Tell him cody from the Albany/berkeley store sent ya. He'll set u up.

Default Thank you!

Thank you so much for the tips! I will definutely check out CFS and the other shops around! I am really excited for the small stream fishing to try out my new 4wt! I have seen some killer fish just in the creek on the Chico State campus! It looks like I wont need to go to far to get into some good runs. I have been reading and sounds like for the big fish the Feather, Sac and up toward Almanor are the places to be. I am thankfull for all the replys guys! Hope to see you on the river!
    If fishing were easy everyone would do it!

What does "bro_hair" mean?

And welcome to the board.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

college student?

anyways, there is a ton of fishing to do within 1 hour of chico, and some right in town. e-mail me if you want specifics.

and the big fish in big chico creek are most likely pikeminnows. check the regs for fishing that creek.

darrin.deel@yahoo.com
    Capt. Darrin Deel
    www.acflyfishing.com

Between the 3 fly shops in Chico and this message board you should have plenty of ideas.

Get ready for October...............
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Definetly go to the Chico Fly Shop. Larry is probably the most knowledgable person in Chico, I went to school there and went to all of the shops. He is a super nice guy, might even take you fishing and show you the ropes. Also they have a great new line of rods out if you are in the market. Good luck.

Wait til the kings come into the creek on campus in october/november. Pretty cool to watch 'em under the bridge by the library. Good luck with school...between fishing, beer, and the girls, you'll need it!

Mike