Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for a new swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairstacker View Post
    Ok, I've read through this whole thread again and it appears this swap has morphed into a "fall trout subsurface fly" swap with mayfly nymphs, caddis larvae, wetflies, stoneflies, and streamers allowed? I have absolutely no problem with that whatsoever, just wanted to be clear, because if this is the case, I would like to change my planned tie from black A.P. Nymphs to Hare's Ear Soft Hackles.
    To clarify, if my soft hackles are okay, they'll be Partridge and Olives, BTW.

_SHig

Ok, I've read through this whole thread again and it appears this swap has morphed into a "fall trout subsurface fly" swap with mayfly nymphs, caddis larvae, wetflies, stoneflies, and streamers allowed? I have absolutely no problem with that whatsoever, just wanted to be clear, because if this is the case, I would like to change my planned tie from black A.P. Nymphs to Hare's Ear Soft Hackles.
    Hairstacker if you want to tie AP Nymphs, that would be fine. I was thinkin' on the same line as you.

If u guys dont mind i would love to join in, a good opportunity to practice. I'll let u know which pattern soon.

I'm in, sounds good. Not sure about the fly yet, bead caddis, fall bugger streamer, have to sleep on it. Count me in fellow tiers!

Bob

Exclamation

So I count 14 peeps on this.
    1. Xnjb707X
    2. Darrin.Deel
    3. Hairstacker
    4. Guppy
    5. Shig
    6. Ed Wahl
    7. Slage
    8. Scott V
    9. paulegan81
    10. BigOkieWhiteBoy916
    11. OldTroutbelly
    12. robdog
    13. cody
    14. Bob Scheidt

robdog, assuming they're allowed, there's no reason we can't both tie hare's ear soft hackles. You can never have too many, am I right? Just tell me what color you're tying and I'll make sure to pick a different color -- that should satisfy the need for variety. What do you say?
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Exclamation

robdog, assuming they're allowed, there's no reason we can't both tie hare's ear soft hackles. You can never have too many, am I right? Just tell me what color you're tying and I'll make sure to pick a different color -- that should satisfy the need for variety. What do you say?
    No, I made up my mind. I am tying a variation of an October caddis nymph. Ok, it's just an Orange Serendipity. Nope, the AP Black was one of my final choices in my thought process. I was just stating the fact that I was thinkin on the same line as you You know what they say....Great minds think alike

Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    No, I made up my mind. I am tying a variation of an October caddis nymph. Ok, it's just an Orange Serendipity. Nope, the AP Black was one of my final choices in my thought process. I was just stating the fact that I was thinkin on the same line as you You know what they say....Great minds think alike
    Ok, I get it now. It's true, great minds apparently do think alike. Regardless, there's going to be some great flies in this swap.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default 14

thats great we have 14 in
    I better get started......
    Im good but im slow.......
    Paul....
    Tight lines to all
    And, to all a good Fight!!!!!

Alright we have 14 people in this, and yeah all the flies you guys mentioned are fine, We will just consider this swap "Favorite Fall Subsurface Flies" As stated in another post. Just PM with the fly you are tying. And I'm gonna set the due date to September 30th, aslong as thats ok with everyone else. I'll be tying my 'crackle baetis pattern. Can't wait to see everyones flies!

- Nic