Thread: Bear River

Default Bear River

Fished the Bear between Combie and Rollins Tuesday evening with my brother. Used Prince nymph on a dropper under a big orange Stimulator. Lots of slashing rises to the stimi, one to hand, a couple on the nymph, very gentle takes. Also got one on a small mayfly emerger. Beautiful scenery, lots of wild blackberries (got the scratches to prove it), quail, hawks, signs of bear, deer, and fox. Had over a mile of stream all to ourselves. Life is very good.

Thanks for the report. I alsways forget about the Bear River, and it's only about 1.5 miles from my house! I haven't been down there yet this summer. Have to give it a try next week. Did you start down off Combie, or where you further up?

We were pretty close to Combie since my brother lives a couple hundred yards from the lake. All rainbows, 7-9 " for me, but feisty. My brother landed a fat 12 inch fish that worked his 4 wt for a couple minutes.

Thanks for the report. I'll keep you posted how I do if or when I make it out.

I guess i was fishing the bear to far up toward rollins lake! I went there last summer when the water was extremely low and found myself in some diifficult wading conditions. This gives me new modivation to try it again!
    If fishing were easy everyone would do it!

Bro Hair,

I'm going to fish the Bear on Wednesday night with a buddy of mine, I'll post how I do. I'm going to fish higher up near Rollins as it is very close to my house and I haven't fished it down by Combie before. Hopefully I'll find some decent bows, maybe even a brown!