Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/04 report

Dang if that guy in the red shirt wasnt in there that would be a sweet photo.

Thanks Andy, you have as much skill behind the lens as you do with a rod in your hand.

And you Mr. Bisharat, thanks for teaching me so much over the years!

Nice fish guys.... and Charlie, it looks like ur sporting some big ol earrings these days....LOL.
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Tony,

Hopefully you got my e mail about the pole dancer release by Umpqua. For some reason I could not post a reply today until now.

As I said all the samples are done and recipes are in and they have a first shipment of foam heads. They will begin the first run of samples for my approval and field testing. I have already done a tying DVD with the help of the extrememly talented KD himself. Should help a ton with the learning curve.Umpqua is committed to getting the fly done ASAP as they know the effectiveness of the fly, they have fished it themselves.

I am hoping to see them on the shelf by Mid November, on the west coast only.Perhaps that is my eternal optimizm sounding off but that is my hope anyway.

Good luck with the airhead. It is a damn good pattern for your area.I think 6 or 7 fish over 20 pounds have been brought to hand up there so far.One was mid 30's as I recall.

Have fun with it.

Chas

Charlie--
    A belated happy birthday...sounds like it was a fantastic day. I'll be having my big 50th birthday later in the month and can only wish for a day like yours.

Reading these threads are very educational, I've been fly fishing now for a year, less 7 months due to the leg accident, and I've yet to catch a stripper. I predominately wade and have tried the various AR spots - paradise bch, watt ave south, and sailor bar. I've been using a fast sink line and tossing medium to large pattern flies. In this thread, airheads and rainbow flies are mentioned - not sure if these are offered at Kiene's, or, if they're specialty flies for those in the know. Nonetheless, I'm gaining some knowledge on this forum board and appreciate all those that contribute and share their insight and experience. Hopefully, from reading these tips, techniques, etc. I'll have some good fortune and experience how it feels to hook a stripper before the season ends. Thanks for the 8/4 report...very motivational and keep posting those nice pictures as it adds to the encouragement.
    Fish in "stealth" mode.

Hey Ty, those flies are available at Kienes.

And we'd all like to hook a stripper before the season ends.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Hey Ty, how bout you letting me take you out for your birthday? Just a day of fishing together, and some good food. We will definately get you in the game. Just let me know what works for you.

Hi Charlie--
    You're a true gentleman..., I'll be honored to fish with you and am awestruck with such a gracious offer. I'll send you a pm on some possible dates. This is way too cool.

Ed, thanks for chiming-in on letting me know the airhead flies are available at Kiene's.
    Fish in "stealth" mode.

Thumbs up Stripperssss

No limit and always open season on Strippers....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

The airheads are working well, but just about any good size minnow immitation should catch you fish. I predominantly wade around the William B area and caught 6 stripers yesterday on a non descript chartreuse fly that David gave me like 2 years ago. The biggest was about 8lbs, and I dropped a bigger fish as well. But right now, as long as you get a minnow immitation in front of the fish you should hook one. Learning where the fish are holding is the key element right now IMO. Look for back eddys and seams near weeds that are holding lots of baitfish, get your fly down there and you'll hook up.

Uhhhhhhh .....

Can I have my fly back now , Kevin ??

D.~